Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
That was probably more directed towards the mac pro crowd, who havn't seen an update in quite a while.

Aug 26, 2008
I'm not sure this has been mentioned anywhere else, but after seeing the WWDC keynote, it got me wondering if they have resolution independence working in OSX, and if we might be seeing iMac's or new displays that have an ultra dense display, same as the iPhone. That would certainly be a radical improvement. Of course I know that makes the screens more expensive, and more likely to have dead pixels, but I'd take the risk. :)

BigBrocktoon

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
I'm not sure this has been mentioned anywhere else, but after seeing the WWDC keynote, it got me wondering if they have resolution independence working in OSX, and if we might be seeing iMac's or new displays that have an ultra dense display, same as the iPhone. That would certainly be a radical improvement. Of course I know that makes the screens more expensive, and more likely to have dead pixels, but I'd take the risk. :)

yep, but they will try to drive all those pixels with a 9400m or something...

nickk2

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
It is a little disappointing to see apple's lack of enthusiasm in their computers now that they control the mobile market. Most changes to their computers are small, and are rarely announced, they just appear in the store one day.

I'm hoping that they're saving up for something big coming up this year, if not next year.

They'd definitely never discontinue them, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.