Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
My brother purchased two 32 gig 3gs iphone (one for him and one for his wife) last week, before the unlimited data plan ended.

Today we both read the notice that you can get a $100 rebate, or exchange the 3gs for a iphone 4, but his wife threw out the receipt (he's not happy, I would imagine)....

(I never throw out the receipt for any electronics, I always put it into the box, or staple it to the manual, at least until the warranty is over...)

Has anyone ever tried to get another receipt from AT&T? (He purchased it at the local at&t store in Oklahoma.)

All I could think to do is go back to the store and see if they can print another one up. Also, print the credit card statement showing the purchase, and the at&t web site showing the iphone data plan starting.

Any advice would help....

Thanks!

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
Are you sure a receipt is required to obtain the rebate? Might want to wait until an official announcement from AT&T on this before you start pulling your hair out.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Hard to imagine you can't provide proof to the purchase in today's electronic age. Call AT&T and I am sure there is a workaround of some sort.

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Anytime I buy an Apple product, they always offer to email me a PDF of the receipt, and I always accept the offer. It's great knowing I don't have to worry about a stinking little piece of paper months later when I have the digital product.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Just to update everyone, he was able to return to the store, and got not online second receipt printed out, but he was able to take the $100 price match on his wife's 3GS.

One thing not mentioned is that now that the 3GS has the closeout price, it cannot be returned.

He now has to return on the 15th to pre order the iPhone 4, and pay a $20 restocking fee to obtain the iPhone 4. (His wife was happy with 3GS, didn't want the iPhone 4.)

Oh, and he can keep his unlimited data plan, which is good because he uses his sling box for about 5 hours a day while he works.... Over 2 gb on day 5 of his phone...... (and he is not even tethering, it's all legit usage....)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.