Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Oct 16, 2004, 09:54 PM   #1
knicksfan58
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to knicksfan58
good speakers

i am looking to upgrade from the jbl creature speakers that i have hooked up to my mac. so far i like the cambridge soundworks megaworks 211 computer speaker system. does anyone have any experience with these? is there a significant difference between them and the creatures? are there any other reccomendations?
Old Oct 17, 2004, 01:29 AM   #2
stillwater
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksfan58
i am looking to upgrade from the jbl creature speakers that i have hooked up to my mac. so far i like the cambridge soundworks megaworks 211 computer speaker system. does anyone have any experience with these? is there a significant difference between them and the creatures? are there any other reccomendations?
The megaworks system is based on the 821 subwoofer, which I wrote about in this thread.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=92146

It's a great sub for the money, but I have noticed a little boominess in the upper part of it's range, but you can use iTunes graphic EQ to smooth it out.

Also, it has really decent amplifier power to drive the satellite speakers.
stillwater is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2004, 04:45 AM   #3
russed
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to russed
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksfan58
whats wrong with the creatures?
Old Oct 17, 2004, 09:36 AM   #4
macaudiodj
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to macaudiodj
Cool

tell me what you want in the system (like surround sound.....) your price limit and i will see what i can do for you.
macaudiodj is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews