Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 12, 2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Baracus
macrumors member

"Genius" button in App Store

I tried activating the Genius suggestions for the iPad App store, but the button is not appearing as illustrated on the 2nd photo down on this page: http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/app-store.html

...where it says: "Get Genius app advice - With thousands of apps in the App Store, you need an easy way to find new ones to love. Enter Genius recommendations for apps. Tap the Genius icon to get recommendations for apps that you might like based on apps you and others have downloaded."

I'm in the UK store. I pressed the "turn on Genius for App Store" button in the Store settings. I have tried rebooting the iPad and still that button doesn't appear. I've searched MR and other places but can't find anyone else with this issue. Can anyone shed any light please? Thanks!
Baracus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:06 PM   #2
rorschach
macrumors 68000

I've been searching all over for a solution for this. Someone on the Apple Discussion boards claims it's a bug Apple knows about and a fix is coming soon. http://discussions.apple.com/thread....2903&#11592903

No idea if they actually know anything.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Baracus
macrumors member

Thanks for that and for confirming I'm not going mad
Baracus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad