Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Bruno Silva
macrumors newbie

UIToolbar in UINavigationController not showing any items

Hi, I'm fairly new to iOS development.

I have a NavigationView Based app with two UITableViews and several other normal views. The navigation goes from the first table to the second and then to a third view. I use Push and Pop to change views in the NavigationViewController. I tried to set a toolbar only on the second view with the table. However, I can't make the UIBarButtonItems to show on the toolbar, I think it doesn't have anything to do with the items I create because if I associate them to the navigation bar left or right button they work great.

This is the code I use to set the toolbarItems:

Code:
[self.navigationController setToolbarHidden:NO];
[self.navigationController setToolbarItems:[NSArray	arrayWithObjects:
	editButton, flexSpacer, filterControl	, nil]
animated:NO];
This code runs in the ViewDidLoad method.

I'm trying to understand why this doesn't work, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Bruno Silva
Bruno Silva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:38 PM   #2
Bruno Silva
macrumors newbie

Found the answer, I knew I had to set the navbar items in the navcontroller, and I assumed it was the same for the toolbar, but it is not, you need to set it on whatever UIViewController you're showing

Bruno.
Bruno Silva is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming