Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:01 AM   #1
RyCan3
macrumors regular

you CAN pick up iphone from att on 6/24

i went in to att this morning and they said that every store maybe doing something different but at that store i can come in when they open at 7am on 6/24 and get my iphone 4. He also said that he was surprised I didn't see the att guide that was leaked on the internet by engadget for employees if att for what they need to do that day. I came home and found the guide and in it says that they are releasing on 6/24. So maybe everyone should contact their att store and actually see what they are doing.
RyCan3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:03 AM   #2
elephunkman
Banned

Yeah you can line up for it and get it on a first come, first served basis on the 24th. But if you preorder and want to pick it up, it will be available on the 25th.
elephunkman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Daiden
macrumors 6502a

I'm confused. Who said you wouldn't be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone 4 on the day it's released?
Daiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:05 AM   #4
RyCan3
macrumors regular

no they said if i preorder it i will be guaranteed to get it on the 24th from them. they said they will have two separate lines and once the preorder line is done, they will allow the people that are hoping to just walk in and get it go into the store.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:07 AM   #5
RyCan3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiden View Post
I'm confused. Who said you wouldn't be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone 4 on the day it's released?
people on here are saying that if you preorder the iphone from att for a store pickup, you cant get it until 6/25. i just wanted to let people know that they need to contact their store.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:07 AM   #6
elephunkman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyCan3 View Post
no they said if i preorder it i will be guaranteed to get it on the 24th from them. they said they will have two separate lines and once the preorder line is done, they will allow the people that are hoping to just walk in and get it go into the store.
Yeah you can preorder it and pick it up in store, but if you want it shipped to a store of your choosing instead of your residence/business, then you have to wait until the 25th.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:08 AM   #7
RyCan3
macrumors regular

no i can get it from the store on the 24th. thats what im saying. i can physically walk into the store on the 24th and get my iphone.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:13 AM   #8
Daiden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
people on here are saying that if you preorder the iphone from att for a store pickup, you cant get it until 6/25. i just wanted to let people know that they need to contact their store.
Oh okay, that clears it up. Thanks.
Daiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:39 AM   #9
dave006
macrumors 68000

Quote:
no i can get it from the store on the 24th. thats what im saying. i can physically walk into the store on the 24th and get my iphone.
Sorry but NO, not for a pre-order unless or untill AT&T announces and official change based on ????

No, you might be able to get one from your local AT&T COR location on June 24. Did you really read the "Lauch Day Experience" Documents. Every COR store is required to follow the same proceedure...

Nobody here said you could not go to an AT&T COR location on June 24 and purchase an iPhone 4.

You can line up outside an AT&T store in a single line, when the door opens at 7 AM they will take customers, one at a time and direct them to a RSC that can help them with and AT&T related request: purchase an iPhone 4, purchase a flip phone, pay a bill, order U-verese... you get the idea.

Someone at the door will be watching the activity and the line will be notified when the Launch Day inventory stock has been sold or shortly before they expect to run out. Last year, they let hundreds line up only when they knew that they had a limited stock in many, many store.... There were near riots in some locations.

Please go re-read the document you reference and you will see that there is no metion of how to handle those "Special" pre-order customers that show up a day early on June 24 and there is a reason for that....

Even better, post the store number and I am sure was can get them hooked up with the correct Corporate Proceedure so they don't get fired for a violation of the AT&T Code of Business Conduct (CoBC).

Dave
dave006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:44 AM   #10
RyCan3
macrumors regular

if u search the forum you will find tons of people claiming you cant walk into att on the 24th if u preorder and get your iphone. they are all saying the 25th. plus i didnt read the document and it does say about the 24th in it.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:50 AM   #11
wirelessmacuser
macrumors 68000

This year is not last year. There is a new procedure. AT&T COR stores will have a large inventory of iPhones just like Apple stores. People arriving before 7AM will line up, just like they will at Apple stores. Upon opening, phones will be sold just like they will in Apple stores. Both Apple & AT&T have worked together as the partners they are, to maximize the number of iPhones sold on day one & every day thereafter.
wirelessmacuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:51 AM   #12
DotCom2
macrumors 65816

I think what the OP is saying is that regardless of what the official ATT news release is, it would be prudent for one to check with their local ATT store to find out what that particular manager says he is doing at his individual store. Some managers do what they want and do not follow the "Recommended" prcedure. I know this from working retail a long time ago. Not at ATT mind you, but some managers don't always follow the rules.
He's just saying, check and see.
What could that hurt anyways?
DotCom2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:06 PM   #13
trssho
macrumors 6502

http://www.engadget.com/photos/atand...anual/#3069625

I will bet money that ATT will make the phone available on the 24th. That would be just STUPID if BB, Apple, Raio Shack, and Wall Mart were all releasing on the 24th, and ATT was the next day. NOT going to happen.
trssho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:08 PM   #14
amann76
macrumors 6502

not for nothing they dont even know if they will have their shipments yet.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:10 PM   #15
elephunkman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trssho View Post
http://www.engadget.com/photos/atand...anual/#3069625

I will bet money that ATT will make the phone available on the 24th. That would be just STUPID if BB, Apple, Raio Shack, and Wall Mart were all releasing on the 24th, and ATT was the next day. NOT going to happen.
Exactly, especially if AT&T is the carrier haha
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:10 PM   #16
RyCan3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotCom2 View Post
I think what the OP is saying is that regardless of what the official ATT news release is, it would be prudent for one to check with their local ATT store to find out what that particular manager says he is doing at his individual store. Some managers do what they want and do not follow the "Recommended" prcedure. I know this from working retail a long time ago. Not at ATT mind you, but some managers don't always follow the rules.
He's just saying, check and see.
What could that hurt anyways?
exactly. it cant hurt but seriously... why would att not release it on the 24th... think about it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone