Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:43 AM   #1
pimentoLoaf
macrumors Demi-God

Airport Extreme Dial-Up Modem Speed Issue

Is there any way of having it negotiate a higher speed with an ISP? It is only connecting at 33.6kbps.

Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:29 AM   #2
yoda13
macrumors 65816

That is about what I get connected at as well. But it is a factor of my location, not the modem in my AE base station. Have you tried using the modem in your computer. It is only a problem if it gets connected consistanly at a higher rate of speed. Mine both connect at the same rate of speed.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:49 AM   #3
russed
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to russed
i have found that different modems connect at different speeds (even though they should be the same). out on my 2 windoze boxes. one connects most of hte time at about 46kbits and the other at about 50kbits
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:23 PM   #4
pimentoLoaf
macrumors Demi-God

My 17" PB routinely connects via its own modem at 38kbps.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers