Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwillpresents

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
I am leaning towards getting the 16 GB iP4 but I am also looking forward to making a lot of HD videos. Does anyone know about how many minutes/hrs of 720p video the new iPhone will be able to hold (Of course thats relative to apps and music but consider an empty iPhone) or at least how many MB equals a minute of video?

LetMeBlastU

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Bay Area, CA
If you dont want to spend the extra money on the 32 gigger, then just buy a external hard drive for like 50 bucks and unload all ur videos on to that when you sync to iTunes.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
This is my main question right now!

I have an 8gb 3g and don't use but 2/3 of the memory on it so I don't do to much when it comes to videos or music but obviously with the 3g I don't do the video taking and with the new iPhone4 i will and don't like syncing my iPhone much at all if any for months on end.

I want to be able to take many videos and have enough memory to hold them but like I said the ONLY reason I would get the 32 is because of these videos and if 16 is sufficient for what I would to I would hate to spend the extra 100 bucks to have all that wasted space just SIT there forever and never get used.

Sure hope we may find this our before Tuesday so I can make the right decision on which one to get.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
I'm gonna guess about 1GB per 1/2 hour. Theoretically I would guess 8 hours... but of course it will come with what, just under 15GB and that is JUST video so not TOO much... then again, who needs to keep more than 5 hours of HD video on their phone... you will just have to store it on your computer. If there is something you know you want to keep ON your phone then why record in HD? Just my $.02.

-Dale

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Half as much as the 32 GB. Ba-dum-ching!

Seriously, though. My Canon camera shoots 720p HD video at a rate of about 22 minutes per 4 GB. So, if it is similar, that would be around 68 minutes for 16 GB.

BUT, you won't have the entire memory free at any one time, as the operating system and things take up some space.

I would guess 45-60 minutes unless they're doing some crazy compression scheme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.