Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 13, 2010, 07:33 PM   #1
SLR2009
macrumors regular

Screensaver background frozen onscreen when awaking monitor

Hi, I have noticed this issue recently and it has occurred a couple of times. Basically I have the monitor set to turn off after 15 minutes. I have a Quad Core Mac Pro which is running Snow Leopard 10.6.3

My Mac is always on, just the monitor turns off. I have one of Snow Leopards screensavers set to start after 5 minutes of no use. Recently I noticed that when my monitor is off and I move the mouse to turn it on, a static background from the screensaver appears on screen, no desktop, no dock or anything.

After about 20 seconds, the screen disappears and my desktop is back in view and I can use my Mac. This doesn't occur all the time. I have repaired permissions and also verified the disk which appeared to be ok.

I have recently updated to Safari 5 but that's the only change that I've made to the computer. I was getting low on free space on my 650GB Drive (30GB) so I deleted stuff and now it's at 80 gbs. Anyone else have this issue? what could be causing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
SLR2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking