Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:20 AM   #1
JefferyShin
macrumors regular

Copy photo albums from iPad

Hello,

I just did a clean install of my Mac, and don't ask why, but I forgot to backup my iPhoto library.

The only place where those photos are kept are my Mac, and my iPad, which it was synced to.

Is there any way I can take albums off my iPad? Without emailing every single picture from the iPad to myself and downloading it on my Mac? Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:26 AM   #2
Beaverman3001
macrumors 6502

I had this same problem the other day, although with music, but the solution is the same.

Download "iPhone Explorer", it has iPad support and lets you look into the file system of the iPad. You can access your music and photos using it. They won't be named anything familiar and will be spread out across a few folders but it is easier/faster then mass mailing them.

For the future I'd recommend uploading your photos to a service like Picasa.
Beaverman3001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:56 AM   #3
boyced
macrumors member

do they not sync back?
boyced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:32 PM   #4
Dorv
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyced View Post
do they not sync back?
No, iTunes asks me if I want to replace the photos on my iPad with my new iPhoto library. Which is empty.

I obviously have the same problem as the OP.
Dorv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:41 PM   #5
nosser
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to nosser Send a message via MSN to nosser Send a message via Yahoo to nosser
Beaverman is right use iPhone explorer. I used that on my iPhone. If not you can just email them 5 at a time.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:42 PM   #6
IrishVixen
macrumors 68000

One possibility that might help: Check the app store for Photo Transfer. You can transfer in either direction from iPhone/iPad/computer, so long as both devices are on the same Wifi network.

I used it to remove a couple hundred pics from my old iPhone the other day. Not super fast, but it does work pretty well. As it doesn't download directly to iPhoto and doesn't use iTunes, you won't encounter any sync issues with those programs. It's not a whole lot faster than the email routine as it works best with about 30 photos at a time, but it doesn't appear to compress them, which is a plus.
IrishVixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad