Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:36 PM   #1
trevork22
macrumors newbie

glass replacement but not screen doesn't work

I tried to replace the glass on my own and when I put it back together, the lcd doesn't turn on. Any suggestions?
trevork22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:12 PM   #2
iFixYouri
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevork22 View Post
I tried to replace the glass on my own and when I put it back together, the lcd doesn't turn on. Any suggestions?
Disconnect the board from the battery. Re-assemble. Turn back on.

You probably left the power on when taking the screen out. LCD won't get power back on unless you do this.

Good luck! Let us know if you need any more help/details.
iFixYouri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:26 PM   #3
trevork22
macrumors newbie

thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how to disconnect the mother board from the battery if you are able to explain or lead me to a site with instructions... thanks
trevork22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:30 AM   #4
jfish1288
macrumors newbie

I have had a similar problem. I replaced my lcd screen. Everything related to the screen worked fine but the proximity sensors were not working. I figured it was just a poor connection so I took the phone apart and reconnected the ribbons. I did this without disconnecting the battery and the battery was charged about 8o%. When I turned it back on the lcd screen worked but was VERY dim. Have I shorted something out? Is there a solution to this problem? Any ideas?
jfish1288 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:14 AM   #5
DEE9299
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how to disconnect the mother board from the battery if you are able to explain or lead me to a site with instructions... thanks
remove the glass and lcd like you did when changing your screen. Now take the bottom part of the phone and remove all 8 screws on the edge of the board. There is a screw underneath the DO NOT REMOVE sticker and near the camera. Unplug the #4-6 cables and lift up carefully the board from the bottom about an inch or so(just enough to lose contact with the battery terminals). Now put it all re-assemble the phone and you should be Ok
DEE9299 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:10 AM   #6
dawnna911
macrumors newbie

iphone problems

I just replaced my screen on my iphone 3G and the touch doesn't work
dawnna911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:27 AM   #7
wiammaren
macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how to disconnect the mother board from the battery if you are able to explain or lead me to a site with instructions
wiammaren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:55 AM   #8
iPhone Bits
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to iPhone Bits
Quote:

Which Model of iPhone do you have?
iPhone Bits is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting