Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:23 AM   #1
Grazzio
macrumors newbie

Time Capsule and iTunes

Ok, I have a macbook and an iMac, I am using a Time Capsule to store files that I may want to access on both (within the home)

I have put all my iTunes on it as a 80g HD is not enough on a macbook for all the songs, vids, etc.

It worked when a wired HD was with the iMac but now its wireless iTunes seems to forget some of the songs. Not all of them just some of them. It happens when I Sync my iPhone with the Macbook. The capsule has been on the whole time and I just leave it on all the time so its on before the macbook or imac.

When I click "get info" the file path is the same as what I would manually enter, so why cant they be found?
Grazzio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:08 PM   #2
rWally
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzio View Post
Ok, I have a macbook and an iMac, I am using a Time Capsule to store files that I may want to access on both (within the home)

I have put all my iTunes on it as a 80g HD is not enough on a macbook for all the songs, vids, etc.

It worked when a wired HD was with the iMac but now its wireless iTunes seems to forget some of the songs. Not all of them just some of them. It happens when I Sync my iPhone with the Macbook. The capsule has been on the whole time and I just leave it on all the time so its on before the macbook or imac.

When I click "get info" the file path is the same as what I would manually enter, so why cant they be found?
I have an issue wirelessly accessing parts of my iTunes library that is stored on my time capsule as well. I've found that if I set my itunes folder to the time capsule it seems to clear up the issue.

For some reason the time capsule's hard drive won't 'wake up' when you try to access it's file wirelessly via iTunes and iTunes claims it kind find the file. Kind of annoying.
rWally is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals