Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:26 AM   #1
ParishYoung
macrumors 6502

Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, UK

Sometimes things just work out very nicely.

I've Pre-Ordered today
Flying to Malta tomorrow morning for a holiday
Land back in the UK late on the 23rd
and will be going straight to the Apple Store in the Mall Cribbs to queue for the iPhone.

Nice.

Hope to see you guys there.
(I was at the front of the line for the iPad last month in case any of you were there for that too)

GameCentre: PHILLYOUNG
ParishYoung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Storm Shadow
macrumors regular

What is the setup with the Cribbs store? Do they open earlier than their normal 09:30? What were the queues like for the iPad?

I've reserved one so am hoping to go in for when they open and pick it up so that I can get to work vaguely on time.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:42 AM   #3
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
I'll be there. I've heard that they open the shop doors at the usual time (8?) but the mall doors are open before then so we can form an orderly one

[edit]
Quote:
iPhone shoppers can stop by the store early:
8 am on Thursday, June 24, or
8 am on Friday, June 25.
http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/cribbscauseway/
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:08 AM   #4
Storm Shadow
macrumors regular

People have been saying that if you have reserved for in-store pick up you can go on the apple website page for that store and check you reservation. I have received the email confirmation for Cribbs Causeway store in Bristol but nothing shows up if I go on the website under my reservations.

Anyone else tried this and found same/different?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:53 AM   #5
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
People have been saying that if you have reserved for in-store pick up you can go on the apple website page for that store and check you reservation. I have received the email confirmation for Cribbs Causeway store in Bristol but nothing shows up if I go on the website under my reservations.

Anyone else tried this and found same/different?
Check your reservation on the apple site is just for Genius/Personal shopping. I phoned up and they confirmed my name was on the list.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Storm Shadow
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdave View Post
Check your reservation on the apple site is just for Genius/Personal shopping. I phoned up and they confirmed my name was on the list.
Sweet, thats what I thought. Seems like it would show up in reservations in the Retail Store App but that isn't available on the UK Store, and I don't have my 3GS any more as I sold it on ebay.

I'll be in Cribbs tomorrow picking up a micro sim from o2 so that it can be ready for Thurs so may pop in to apple to confirm the reservation.

Is there gonna be a big queue (based on anyones experience from previous launches)?? I'm thinking 7am turn up, an hour before they open so I can pick it up and not be too late for work.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:17 PM   #7
bilbo--baggins
macrumors 6502a

If the queues start before the Mall opens, which entrance is used for the Apple Store?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Storm Shadow
macrumors regular

Just spoke to a guy in the Apple Store at Cribbs (I was in picking up my micro-sim from o2 which they did instantly on showing them a print out of my reservation).

He said they open at 8 and although not many camped out for iPad, they are expecting A LOT more for this launch.

He said the staff get there about 6 and that the doors they use are the upper level ones by John Lewis. - ie, when you're facing the John Lewis entrance from inside the mall, its the entrance on your right on the upper level. They said the revolving door will be off but the doors either side will be unlocked for staff.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 PM   #9
ParishYoung
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post

He said they open at 8 and although not many camped out for iPad, they are expecting A LOT more for this launch.
Not many? I was on my own from 11:30 until 5am when the next guy showed up. Lol.

What time are you all heading down there?

GameCentre: PHILLYOUNG
ParishYoung is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups