Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamodyiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I had this error mesasge popping up randomly:" this accessory is not made to work with iphone", and it continues saying something about changing to air plane mode.

But it was fixed just right when i connected the charger ... i am gussing it was caused by sand stuck in the hole where i plug the charger ... I am afraid it comes again, i just think when something weird pops up once, it is most definitely coming again someday :(

I bought my iphone with a deal of one year warranty, is it possible they will replace it for me if the warranty is not valid any more ?

Moreover, i jailbreaked my iphone, so do i loose my warranty that way ?

Floyd26

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2009
maybe u brought the wrong one, because i had the same problem, but my was a ipod charger, i was not paying attention when i brought it, and i get those same ERROR message, but it still work....

hamodyiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
the wrong what? ... if u mean the wrong charger, it is the one that came in the box with the iphone which was closed ... so it is the right one ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.