Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Got in a premier preorder about 8AM PST, got the confirmation email instantly. Just now got an email saying it was cancelled! WTF AT&T

edited to add: 10 year customer, full upgrade eligible. not happy.

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
did you already get charged? did you have enough funds?

plenty of funds available. status had showed pending about 5 minutes before too. tried to call premier support of course their systems are down cant do crap. UGH

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
plenty of funds available. status had showed pending about 5 minutes before too. tried to call premier support of course their systems are down cant do crap. UGH

Did yours ever read processing?

That's where mine is at now, obviously it's not at the next step which is shipping.

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Did yours ever read processing?

That's where mine is at now, obviously it's not at the next step which is shipping.

yes it had switched to processing about 1 minute before i got the email saying it was cancelled.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Weird. I /want/ to cancel my preorder. I decided to wait it out for the white, but they told me it wasn't possible. Oh well.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Mine shows this, might be happening to me too:

att.gif

ajsnow6234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I submitted my premier order at about 9:20AM EST...and soon after that I got the email, checked the status and it still hasn't processed (normal, I know). I just have a bad feeling about it now, not stressing, just wish I had gone to the store to pre-order.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Attention can't be a good thing, not trying to spark anxiety but that's a weird one.

Mine was on Pending for about half hour and has been on processing for a few hours now, since like 7 am.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Attention can't be a good thing, not trying to spark anxiety but that's a weird one.

Mine was on Pending for about half hour and has been on processing for a few hours now, since like 7 am.

Ugh. I'm just over it. First the disappointment with no white, and now this. If AT&T cancels my order I'm just putting it all on the back burner. :(

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
how long did it take to go to processing? mine is still at received and I ordered at 9AM central time.

30-40 minutes. i had refreshed the status page, noticed it had changed to processing, got all excited, then got the email just a few seconds later saying it had been cancelled.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Got in a premier preorder about 8AM PST, got the confirmation email instantly. Just now got an email saying it was cancelled! WTF AT&T

edited to add: 10 year customer, full upgrade eligible. not happy.

I got the same email but later called and my order was intact and awaiting shipment on release day. ATT computers dumped big time. Like they did not know there was going to be heavy traffic!??!?

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
I got the same email but later called and my order was intact and awaiting shipment on release day. ATT computers dumped big time. Like they did not know there was going to be heavy traffic!??!?

HOPING for this

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Ugh. I'm just over it. First the disappointment with no white, and now this. If AT&T cancels my order I'm just putting it all on the back burner. :(

Yeah, don't sweat it. For all we know the phone will be readily available on launch.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I submitted my premier order at about 9:20AM EST...and soon after that I got the email, checked the status and it still hasn't processed (normal, I know). I just have a bad feeling about it now, not stressing, just wish I had gone to the store to pre-order.

Even the local corp store can not help you! They are in as big as a mess as everyone else!

ajsnow6234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Even the local corp store can not help you! They are in as big as a mess as everyone else!

You're right, but even if it took an hour I might be able to leave with paperwork saying that I had it pre-ordered. I'm a little over attentive to stupid details. I am by no means stressing out, but I just hate seeing that it hasn't processed. I like to deal in absolutes...yes or no! :cool:

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
on the phone with a premier rep now, stay tuned...

ajsnow6234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Just checked my Premier order again...it now says Processing. Wonder if mine will end up canceling or not. I really don't like the "no-information" style of their order confirmation. A little bit more detailed information would be nice. The next available step is shipping...so will it just say processing until it actually ships, or will it go to shipping and away the 24th.

og1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Please keep us updated!
thanks

It gets better. Premier rep said it was cancelled because the system decided I wasn't upgrade eligible. I had checked AT&T and apples systems which both said I was and showed $199 pricing and the pricing was $199 on the order. I give up.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Well, I hope mine don't get cancelled! I fought over the decision of which to reserve and finally chose the 16gb as I currently have a 8gb with only 3 used. My biggest concern is the HD video and how much space it will take up. Would it be comparable to what a 16gb sd card would hold? Just rough estimate as I know there's not 16gb available. So, if I decide to change my mind and on the 24th decide to go for the 32gb, will they allow it? I didn't preorder, I just reserved mine. Or will I be stuck with the 16gb??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.