iphone 3gs won't charge/itunes wont recognize - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Whamp!
macrumors newbie

iphone 3gs won't charge/itunes wont recognize

Last night, i came back from a trip and plugged my iphone as usual but notice right away that my computer was not recognizing it. i tried the wall adapter but no luck.

My first though was that i can take it back to the apple store but since its jailbroken i decided to do the reset - Erase All Content and Settings since i cannot do it from itunes.

It's been at least 2 hours stuck on the apple logo and now the battery has drained that i can't do anything anymore since the computer/adapter won't recognize it to be able to charge it.

Does anyone know if i take it back to apple will they know i jail broke it at this stage of my process? If the phone is turn on all it does it sits on the apple logo...

Last edited by Whamp!; Jun 15, 2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added more information about my problem
Whamp! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:40 PM   #2
spixer3
macrumors newbie

crappy

mine is not jail broken, but i recently swapped the battery cuz its been sucking, and after i did that, the phone would no longer formally charge or be recognized by the computer. (by formally I mean if it dies and i plug it in, it charges because it comes back to life and i can use it for a few hours, but i never says it charges or that the battery has been replenished. it does boot up when plugged in to the wall or computer though if its off). I swapped in two new batteries thinking it was the problem, and it still presists. don't know what to do?? i can't hard reset it or anything.
spixer3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting