Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whamp!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Last night, i came back from a trip and plugged my iphone as usual but notice right away that my computer was not recognizing it. i tried the wall adapter but no luck.

My first though was that i can take it back to the apple store but since its jailbroken i decided to do the reset - Erase All Content and Settings since i cannot do it from itunes.

It's been at least 2 hours stuck on the apple logo and now the battery has drained that i can't do anything anymore since the computer/adapter won't recognize it to be able to charge it.

Does anyone know if i take it back to apple will they know i jail broke it at this stage of my process? If the phone is turn on all it does it sits on the apple logo...

spixer3

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
crappy

mine is not jail broken, but i recently swapped the battery cuz its been sucking, and after i did that, the phone would no longer formally charge or be recognized by the computer. (by formally I mean if it dies and i plug it in, it charges because it comes back to life and i can use it for a few hours, but i never says it charges or that the battery has been replenished. it does boot up when plugged in to the wall or computer though if its off). I swapped in two new batteries thinking it was the problem, and it still presists. don't know what to do?? i can't hard reset it or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.