Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vin365

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2009
I have been worrying about this all day
status.gif

So I called AT&T and they told me this:
that nothing was wrong with my order that it's going through some approval stage or something like that and if there is any problems i would get an email telling me there is a problem with my order.

But as we know, they aren't always the most reliable.. So I searched around and then found this..
If you get Attention! in your premier order status you are not in the iphone fulfillment system. When they get around to correcting it which could be over a week your pre-order date/priority will be set at that point.

Basically the premier website just takes orders and sends them to the main fulfillment system which is down. You will know if your order got confirmed if you get a "K" invoice number in your e-mail. The 101 invoice numbers are only confirmed in the shell premier system. Premier service reps can't help you since it takes an admin to clear the Attention! They run searches for the errors and correct it when they get around to it. The only way around this is to cancel your premier order and order through apple directly where you may have a hassle getting your premier discounts later on.
From the ATT Forums ^

This has gotten me even more worried. Should I cancel my order and place it through Apple? I have 2 charges on my card from ATT $1 and 0$ but no full charge yet? =\
Also when I called about the "Attention!" situation they told me it was nothing to worry about but I still don't know if that is trustworthy.. thoughts?

P.S. My CC is Visa it is also a bank card..

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
My order status does not show the attention status (it shows Processing with the blue check mark), but my web order number does start with 101.

Not really sure what to make of everything today. That said...to late to get it anywhere else for release day shy of camping out (and that ain't happening). So I guess I hope everything is good.

Did anyone who ordered through AT&T Premier get a confirmation number that starts with a K? That part of the original message doesn't make much sense to me (they send out a confirmation e-mail with an order number and then a second e-mail with a confirmation number?).

KGWVU

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
My order status does not show the attention status (it shows Processing with the blue check mark), but my web order number does start with 101.

Not really sure what to make of everything today. That said...to late to get it anywhere else for release day shy of camping out (and that ain't happening). So I guess I hope everything is good.

Did anyone who ordered through AT&T Premier get a confirmation number that starts with a K? That part of the original message doesn't make much sense to me (they send out a confirmation e-mail with an order number and then a second e-mail with a confirmation number?).

Mine began in 101 as well. But, mine is showing as processing. Who knows.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
Yah, I'm feeling really confused about everything. I did receive an email confirmation within a few minutes of completing my order this morning, but that attention status opposed to the regular checkmark is concerning.

I'm worried because I really took a gamble with this pre-order. I'll be way across the country leaving on the 24th for a wedding for two days, so I actually put the hotel that I'll be staying at as the delivery address. I sure hope I get the iPhone 4 when I'm there. :(

myfoneisdank

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
i'm in the same "attention!" boat through premier. i got an email confirmation a second after hitting the button and have two $1 charges on my card.

maybe of importance: the shipping address i put down is different than my billing address, and the card used to preorder was different than the one i use to pay my bill... this could certainly be the reason behind the "attention!" and it makes sense that att needs to look over the order again to make sure everything is good since it isn't consistent.

alecmcmahon

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
Woodbridge, NJ
im in the same boat.

i ordered 3 phones from att site between 4am and 5am EST launch day, all 3 of my orders start in 101 and say " ATTENTION "

any updates on this?

cdd543

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2006
Denver
Typically if it says attention then there is an issue with the order...could be the shipping address is unverifiable or something like that. It can also be for out of stock...

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
Typically if it says attention then there is an issue with the order...could be the shipping address is unverifiable or something like that. It can also be for out of stock...

Who knows some of us called and the AT&T reps said the orders are ok but I don't put alot of trust in that.

the-oz-man

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Or they could just be getting ready to cancel your order like they have for both of mine. Nice tidy message of:

Thank you for choosing AT&T.
Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.
If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.
Go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.
We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.
Thank you.
AT&T

Thanks AT$T. I always knew you were special.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I just called AT&T Premier customer support and got the same answer. "There doesn't appear to be any issue with your order. It's still being processed. That alert should be cleared up within 24 hours. If there is any issue with your order, you'll be contacted via email". I guess I'll check back tomorrow morning and see if it clears up.

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Same thing here

I just called AT&T Premier customer support and got the same answer. "There doesn't appear to be any issue with your order. It's still being processed. That alert should be cleared up within 24 hours. If there is any issue with your order, you'll be contacted via email". I guess I'll check back tomorrow morning and see if it clears up.

I did the exact samething you did and got the same message. However, upon reviewing my confirmation again, I noticed that I had an additional character in my name. So, after 2 hours of calling AT&T I got through. The rep corrected my name and immediatly the status went from ATTENTION to PROCESSING. So, I would not take their word that it is okay. If it says ATTENTION, there is an issue with processing somewhere.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I did the exact samething you did and got the same message. However, upon reviewing my confirmation again, I noticed that I had an additional character in my name. So, after 2 hours of calling AT&T I got through. The rep corrected my name and immediatly the status went from ATTENTION to PROCESSING. So, I would not take their word that it is okay. If it says ATTENTION, there is an issue with processing somewhere.

That's the frustrating thing -- I've tried relentlessly with the reps to see if they can identify what it is that is causing that attention and they can't see anything. They just say that the processing group has to review it and will let me know if there are any issues. At this point, I guess it's just playing the waiting game.

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
That's the frustrating thing -- I've tried relentlessly with the reps to see if they can identify what it is that is causing that attention and they can't see anything. They just say that the processing group has to review it and will let me know if there are any issues. At this point, I guess it's just playing the waiting game.

I understand. However, the rep that corrected the extra character in my name was the same rep that re-processed my order. Perhpas you have a unique situation that cannot be easily identified.

bakir2018

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Same Problem

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem. I pre-ordered a 16GB iPhone 4 under my dad's premier account using my mom's credit card. Another thing to note is that the iPhone will ship under my name. I don't know if this may be the reason that under my order status it is showing up as "attention". I tried calling ATT Premier, but they cannot look up my order because their servers are down.

spyder721

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
newtown,pa
mine still says attention.. i am calling customer service now.. but i also have a duplicate order from apple... i am thinking of just letting this one go and see what happens.

bakir2018

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
mine still says attention.. i am calling customer service now.. but i also have a duplicate order from apple... i am thinking of just letting this one go and see what happens.

I wouldn't recommend canceling your order because if you do that and place a new one, the earliest it will be able to ship is now July 2nd. Apple ran out of their first batch of iPhones so I am just keeping my order and trying to fix it with ATT Premier.

bakir2018

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Spoke with ATT Premier

I just got off the phone with an ATT Premier representative and he checked my order and ran through everything for me. I was told that there is nothing wrong with my order and since I ordered yesterday it should ship on the 24th. He also said that if there were any specific problems with my order, that I would receive an email telling me that.

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
mine says the same and they werent able to see my order in the system at all yesterday

they said it would take 24-48 hours but as long as i got the confirmation email ( which i did which included order # and activation #) i would be good to go

is there a direct # to premier?? thanks

bakir2018

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
mine says the same and they werent able to see my order in the system at all yesterday

they said it would take 24-48 hours but as long as i got the confirmation email ( which i did which included order # and activation #) i would be good to go

is there a direct # to premier?? thanks

Yes the number is 1-866-746-1081, their servers just recently got up and running, they told me there is nothing to worry about if it says "attention", but i'm worried that this will delay the shipping of the phone from June 24th to July 2nd but the rep said that as long as i ordered before the deadline yesterday, that it should ship on the 24th. I guess we will all find out on the 24th...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.