Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunwalker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

what I did: After using final of 10.0 for some time, I installed the beta of 10.1 and, when it came out, the final of 10.1. I noticed, that scrolling on pages containing flash was very choppy with OS X 10.6.3 and Safari 5. So I uninstalled 10.1 and installed 10.0. After that, much flash content isn't working correctly anymore. I can't view videos from dailymotion.com for example. Another example: http://www.wmprophet.de The content simply doesn't get displayed at all.

Even uninstalling 10.0 and installing 10.1 final again (or beta of gala) didn't help.

How can I uninstall flash completely (besides the flash uninstaller of Adobe)?

If I create another admin account, it works flawlessly…

Problem solved:

This is a fix for quite a few mac flash 10 problems I noticed people talking about on the internet.

I know this is getting old but make sure you fix permissions first. Then in your home folder delete the Flash Player folder that is inside both Library/Caches/Adobe and Library/Preferences/Macromedia.

For some reason Flash Player is unable to properly write data to those folders even after an uninstall and reinstall. This is probably due to corruption of the folders. I think Adobe should try to find out what causes the corruption after an upgrade.
Source

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.