Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Oct 19, 2004, 09:09 PM   #1
Natalia81
macrumors regular

Cleaning the glossy crap off...

Ok...so I put one of those clear sticky PDA screen protectors on my ipod. It was on there a few weeks and when I took it off today, it did not come completely off. It left behind some of the sticky stuff. I was able to remove it all but now there's that foggy/glossy leftover crap. Any recommendations on household products that can remove this, that won't mess up my ipod?
Natalia81 is offline   0
Old Oct 19, 2004, 09:38 PM   #2
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
Goo gone. but be careful, it's rather viscous, so it gets everywhere fast. Put some on a rag and then wipe off... probably best to wipe with clean water after, to keep acids from harming the plastic's finish.

paul
rainman::|:| is offline   0
Old Oct 19, 2004, 09:50 PM   #3
emw
macrumors 603

Completely agree with Paul on the Goo Gone. That stuff is like magic! You only need a little bit to get things off.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews