Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:17 PM   #1
LoopHoles
macrumors member

Question Vertical White Lines on Monitor Connected to G3

I recently sold my Blue & White G3 and a 19" Sylvania CRT monitor. A couple of weeks later, the buyer called me with this problem. The screen is full of vertical white lines. The mac never had this problem for the 5 years that I owned it. I told him to make sure the G3 is ventilating properly (i.e., give the back fan room) and to try a different monitor. He tried connecting a different monitor and still gets the white lines.

Now I'm clueless as to what could be causing the problem. The G3 is running mac os 10.3. I can ask for the version of 10.3 if necessary.

Can anyone help with a fix for this?

TIA

Last edited by LoopHoles; Oct 19, 2004 at 11:20 PM.
LoopHoles is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2004, 02:08 AM   #2
LoopHoles
macrumors member

It's looking like the problem is the video card. Can anyone recommend a good replacement PCI video card for B&W G3?
LoopHoles is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers