Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:07 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Review of Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse

Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Review of Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:32 AM   #2
jdhuskey
macrumors member

I have an older Logitech mouse and keyboard. When I tried to upgrade to LCC (Logitech Control Center) 1.3, I could not even mount the installer's disk image. There was no mountable volume within the .dmg (or .img, can't remember which it was). As with snowdog, who posted a comment on the actual article, Logitech Support also told me that LCC 1.3 DOES NOT SUPPORT OS X 10.3.5. I couldn't even install it to find out if it is truly supported. How hard could this be, and how long after an OS X dot release should customers have to wait to get an update from Logitech? They may have great products, but they have poor Mac support.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:37 AM   #3
Wigletbill
macrumors member

Bad little mouse...

This thing is amazing. I don't even use my 900 Btooth mouse or my MX500 gaming mouse at all anymore. It is perfect. I will never use another. I set up the various buttons for quick app switching and expose.... perfect.
Wigletbill is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:23 AM   #4
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

i just need a bt version and im sold, ill get rid of my apple bt mouse for the laser one, i like the style too, its one of the first mice besides apple's that i can apreciate style wise....

Last edited by PlaceofDis; Oct 20, 2004 at 11:27 AM.
PlaceofDis is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:43 PM   #5
nagromme
macrumors G4

I need BT too--I won't travel with a "wireless" mouse AND base station AND its cord. And I'd rather get a smaller travel mouse (I find smaller mice easier even at home)--but with the same features of this one.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:52 PM   #6
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

Coming from someone who doesn't want wireless for laptop use, the MX1000 RAWKS with my iMac, I love it!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 05:41 PM   #7
nagromme
macrumors G4

I should mention that, when not traveling, I DO like my "wireless" Logitech trackball (Trackman FX something-or-other--best design ever) with wired RF pod.

I wouldn't have minded if it came in a wired version, though, since it doesn't have to move
nagromme is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2004, 05:53 PM   #8
aswitcher
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to aswitcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme
I need BT too--I won't travel with a "wireless" mouse AND base station AND its cord. And I'd rather get a smaller travel mouse (I find smaller mice easier even at home)--but with the same features of this one.
Yeah, bring on the MX1100 - BT version of MX1000.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 05:59 PM   #9
Stella
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme
The logitech notebook cordless USB dongle works fine with the MX800 and onwards.. unfortunately you have to buy the notebook cordless mouse in order to get the USB dongle.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:54 PM   #10
nagromme
macrumors G4

Cool--good to know. But I don't need and won't carry one more dongle/cable/doodad if I don't have to. One more thing to lose, break, or forget. Bluetooth means I don't have to have a dongle.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:04 AM   #11
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

does anyone know if a BT version is in the works?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion