Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Paid like $14 extra to get it 2nd day air, but it arrived in 1 day.

I cannot believe the quality of this case! All of the videos I watched definitely do not do it justice at all. Nor do the people reviewing them. It feels very high quality.. so much so that I would have expected to pay more for it.

I was also worrying about it not being sleek or flush enough... and that is absolutely not a problem. It fits incredibly well, and looks really smooth and great!

A++++++

Get this case! iLounge isnt wrong about it being the best!

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Well, it is nice that you are happy with your purchase.

The Eco Vue fell far short for me. The case covers the bezel and is loose enough to allow dust and grit to get lodged under it.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Well, it is nice that you are happy with your purchase.

The Eco Vue fell far short for me. The case covers the bezel and is loose enough to allow dust and grit to get lodged under it.

Well I like that it covers part of the bezel. It seems really secure and scratch proof. And it doesnt get in the way of the screen.

Also, I dont know how dust or grit could get lodged in it.. and even if it did, the entire inside is made of soft felt. It would be impossible to get scratches from it. If anything it cleans your iPad while its on. :)

I also just got a zagg screen shield put on to prevent screen scratches or oil from use.

leons

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Do you have a 3G? If so, what about the compass problems from the magnet that I have heard? Also, how well hoes it work as a stand on a hard surface. Again, I've read of some problems here.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Do you have a 3G? If so, what about the compass problems from the magnet that I have heard? Also, how well hoes it work as a stand on a hard surface. Again, I've read of some problems here.

yes I have the 3g. havnt tried the compess yet. and I wont be able to until tomorrow afternoon becuase im waiting for my zagg screen protecter to set. works as a stand on any surface perfectly.

ill let you know about the compas tomorrow. but I dont think it will effect it. there is only a small magnet in the stand flap I think. either way its worth it. the fit and finish is insane for $44.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
It was not good for me, with the magnets and various other problems mentioned on this forum. I returned it.

For anyone who wishes to return it: They do give refunds, but it takes a while to process, and you need to contact them for a return authorization number.

itzcoolz

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
i, too, was not overall impressed with the Eco-Vue. I think it was the best cases in appearance (i loved the look/feel of the leather), but i just found it to be lacking in utility. My primary issue is that the top fastener does not keep the iPad very secure (and since the iPad rides up, the orientation lock button gets covered up). Also, while i liked the flap that folds out to prop up the keyboard, i would rather it be of the folding cover design (a la the Apple case or Yoobao) because the flap requires a very precise base and is hard to balance on your lap.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I sold my Eco-Vue on eBay. THe interior will stretch badly, it's heavy and the strap is almost useless. It does offer great protection. I've since purchased a Sena folio and it blows the Marware away in quality.

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I have a feeling your opinion will change after a few weeks of use. The strap that holds the iPad in gets loose and the iPad tends to slide out if you hold it upside down. I damaged my iPad because it fell out of the case, the damage wasn't bad but it was still damaged.

redknives

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Seattle, WA USA
A square of Velcro between the strap and case will secure it. Also, I placed a long, narrow, pencil-sized piece of hard foam inside the case along the long end opposite the fold. These two things keep the iPad from sliding around at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.