Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadpool37

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Hi,

I have the 1st gen iphone, ever since it was updated to the current software it has been acting up, it freezes on the "end call" screen, freezing in the middle of a call with the wheel, and has intermittent phases where I reset it by holding the home, lock, and volume, and it keeps cycling from the apple logo for 5 min then the apple with wheel for 5 min then back to apple logo, etc. I have restored it over and over again, wiping out all my data, contacts, back to factory settings and set it up as a new iphone and it still happens. RIght now it has been over 4 hrs of it cycling in those phases.

I took it to the apple genius bar and they said it could be the latest software update wasnt compatible with my 1st gen, and theres no way of restoring it to a previous software. And since it is out of warranty, they said only thing I can do is upgrade, thanks genius bar, I bet theres more helpful, intelligent people on here willing to help me with this. My sincereset thanks

mb2008

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
When I totally bricked my 2G, I let the battery run completely down, then waited 1 full day, then charged it with the wall charger. I was then able to reload.

There are usually copies of old software littering the internet. If your phone still doesn't work, I would look for this. In the meantime, I will try to remember how to publish it to the web, I know I have an old copy of 2G software somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.