Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It's easy to install if you have any technical confidence in mechanical tasks - basically, you need to know how to ground yourself, how to use a couple of screwdrivers, and how not to use excessive force in seating the RAM. You can also get it done for you at pretty reasonable prices in just about any store which stocks Apple computers, including Apple Stores.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Hmmmm.... in the previous iBook G4's the memory was underneath the airport card. Now that all iBook G4's come with Airport standard I'm assuming you have to remove the airport card to get new memory in? Not that you didn't have to before if you got it with airport installed and no extra memory... just seems weird... the powerbooks come with airport but you change the memory from underneath...

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
adding ram to my pb rev c was easy as pie. little cramped so you had to be careful but it wasn't hard either. airport card is in the same place as the battery on the pb.

i recommend Corsair ram, i bought mine from http://www.newegg.com and it is great and it's been in for about 2 months. cost... $80 i think for 512mb i think crucial was $10-20 more .. which surprised me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.