Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Calamity Al
macrumors newbie

Iphone Touch Screen Not Working!

Hi from a newbie

I have just replaced the front pannel (because I droped the phone) and LCD screen (because I damaged it when replacing the front pannel!)

The phone switches on ok but will not let me 'slide to unlock' the slide to power down slider will move a couple of mil but no further, when I put it on my IPOD dock, it asks me if I want to go into airoplane mode and WILL let me press either yes or no

I have tried holding down the button on the top and the square one at the front for 30 seconds and letting it do its thing but it makes no diffrence.

Can anyone think what the problem may be?

Many thanks
Calamity Al is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Gadgetgeezer
macrumors regular

Either:

You haven't seated the digitizer connector properly

Or:

You have damaged the digitizer or cable going to it on installation.

Simples.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Calamity Al
macrumors newbie

Thankyou
Calamity Al is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:31 PM   #4
thekarbunkler
macrumors member

im having this same problem. i have replaced many digitizers and have re-seated all the connectors. should i just buy another digitizer? even though its such a b**** to hair-dry it to remove the double sided tape?!?
thekarbunkler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Joe G
macrumors member

Same exact issue here, the slide to unlock or power off won't slide...though if I try many times very lightly I can get it to work.

However, when the phone is on the e, s, and d letters don't work. Other letters work great.

Had the phone apart many times and reseated the cables...no help. Same result. Phone worked great prior to screen replacement, only the screen was cracked.

I hope there's another fix, getting that screen off the frame is very difficult even with a heat gun!

Last edited by Joe G; Oct 4, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Joe G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:15 AM   #6
Joe G
macrumors member

Well, sent a note to ifixit and they are sending me a new screen and digitizer. Hopefully that will work. At least now I'm very fast at changing the screen.
Joe G is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting