Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
Following on from my post here (which got lost due to debates):
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/10050967/

I have found some interesting new screenshots of the new calendar!

What's New?

First, you can now display your calendar as a "list", instead of the traditional day, week or month - iCal doesn't have this feature, iPhone does.

Secondly, the design has changed to a more notebook design.
Furtheremore, the week filter shows a tidy slider at the bottom to show upcoming and previous weeks for easy selection.

I cannot view the other display formats due to it trying to redirect me away from the page.

After it redirects it shows the message shown in the second screenshot.

Upgrade

As my previous post showed when I went to the upgrade page all it did was update the browser title - nothing else. Not now!

It shows a sexy progress bar to walk you through the upgrade - but uh oh, server error.

See screenshot 3 for progress bar, and screenshot 4 for error message.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.23.49 2.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.23.49 2.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 448
  • Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.23.50.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.23.50.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 347
  • Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.36.21 1.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.36.21 1.png
    468.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.36.19.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-18 at 09.36.19.png
    492.8 KB · Views: 341

ipubba

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Calendar issues

well, more like missing basic functionalities.

when will we have an opportunity to add attendees into calendar events? this is such a basic functionality. annoying to create events on the go and then log into them back home on mac just to add attendees. it is 2010 afterall and we are all paying good money for this service. any comments, apple?

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
I'd be happy if I could just set alerts on the web. Similar to the previous posters problem, I create them on the web at work but then need to grab my iPhone or sit down at my Mac to set alerts when I get home.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
have they added the ability to send a calendar event to someone? ie, send it to someone else by email so they can add it to their calendar?

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
if you look at the top right, they have a notifications icon just like the iphone so i would assume that invitations are going to be supported.

i want this so bad!

Red5403

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
KS
I've suddenly started having iCal sync problems and none of the normal fixes have helped, including resetting the sync data.

With all the recent changes, I did wonder if Apple was making calendar changes in MobileMe, and that was why sync suddenly broke.

I'm glad I found this thread, as hopefully this is the reason why iCal sync isn't working and hopefully it will be fixed soon!

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
How do you get the new calendar. I tried the link below with /upgrade/ but it gives a server error.

I do not yet have access to the beta, I managed to take a screenshot just before the page redirected to an error message (hence the partially loaded progress bar).

Indeed, I got server error too.

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
I've suddenly started having iCal sync problems and none of the normal fixes have helped, including resetting the sync data.

With all the recent changes, I did wonder if Apple was making calendar changes in MobileMe, and that was why sync suddenly broke.

I'm glad I found this thread, as hopefully this is the reason why iCal sync isn't working and hopefully it will be fixed soon!

I'm having sync issues too. So maybe soon we get another upgrade, I hope :)

donrayden

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
i hope apple will add support for third party calendars (like google cal) and to share your cal with others...

PLEASE APPLE

techpr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
San Juan, PR
Official Calendar Beta

I just applied for the official Beta. Now you will find on the Left side of the original Calendar to Request an Invitation.

blinkin182

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Switzerland
I just applied for the official Beta. Now you will find on the Left side of the original Calendar to Request an Invitation.

Me too, I hope it's in the coming days and not coming weeks. As I recall, getting access to mail beta was quite fast...

It's really good that they are finally updating MobileMe. I think they can make it into a very strong product if they manage to come up with something similar to the "app experience" on iPad. It seems that's the way they're going in any case, with mail module looking like iPad version and now the iCal module looking also like iPad Calendar app.

Would be awesome if they added possibility of installing and using iPad apps on MobileMe (such as planners/organisers/maps applications or others that need or benefit from syncing). You could choose to interact with them on MobileMe, or on your iPad or iPhone.... and the data/modifications would sync to other devices!

just me dreaming though I guess :p

TheGrudge

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2010
Just applied. Hopefully the new calendar supports subscriptions. That's the real deal breaker for me.

blinkin182

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Switzerland
Yes exactly same here. The mail beta was relatively simple. 3.2 OS doesn't support cal dav. 4.0 will be that means only on in November will we get calender push support back on the iPad.

I applied as well and thanks for the warning and link to that page...

I guess I'll read through all that before I press the "upgrade calendar" button!

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP - ICAL BEFORE MOVING TO BETA FIRST...

Open iCal and go to File / Export / iCal Archive / and save it to your desktop

Red5403

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
KS
What is it you saw that made you question moving to the beta version?

For me, what will have me decline the invitation is no push notifications on the iPad. That is my main device for my calendar now, and I rely on push so much that I don't even think of it when doing my work. The support page says that it is only for iOS 4.0.

Also, I'm one of the few(?) that is still using Leopard and not SL and the min reqs are SL. Someday I'll get around to updating... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.