Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shashwat

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2010
well i do own a very old ipod...and i have like 100 odd songs in my itunes library...but how do i transfer a few selected tracks to my ipad?
it dsnt seem possible....
either i gotta sync my entire music library or it says selected playlists ,artists and genres....
its ridiculous...
i want to be able to transfer selected NUMBERS rather than artists ,genres etc...am i missing something here?

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Check the box that says Sync only checked music or something to that effect.

That is what the little checkboxes are for. It's easy.

shashwat

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Check the box that says Sync only checked music or something to that effect.

That is what the little checkboxes are for. It's easy.

o ya thnx...that was actually easy ...
my bad for not knowing something so simple..
thnx again :)

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
well i do own a very old ipod...and i have like 100 odd songs in my itunes library...but how do i transfer a few selected tracks to my ipad?
it dsnt seem possible....
either i gotta sync my entire music library or it says selected playlists ,artists and genres....
its ridiculous...
i want to be able to transfer selected NUMBERS rather than artists ,genres etc...am i missing something here?

Just a suggestion. Why not create a separate playlist with your favorite tunes and sync with that playlist only? Additionally you will be able to delete and add songs as you grow tired of them. Its easier than checking/unchecking one song at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.