Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:03 PM   #26
bscottd
macrumors newbie

No lines before 7am

I just sent Menlo Mall this question.

As you may know there is a HUGE Apple product launch happening this Thursday June 24th. There will be people getting there early to wait in line. I am guessing that the 2nd floor entrance by Brookstone is going to be the place where people are going to be able to line up before the store opens. I plan on getting there before the Mall opens to wait in line. If I am patiently waiting in line I wont be run of the property will I? Can you please confirm this with me? THanks so much.

Here is the response I got from them.

The mall doors will be open at 7am. You will not be allowed to stand outside the doors early in the morning waiting to get in.

Why not? What is the big deal?
bscottd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:05 PM   #27
robtraut
macrumors newbie

Yes, that's the entrance where the line formed, and that hallway between the suit store and Brookstone is where they lined us up once we were let into the mall.

The signs for that parking deck say "Food Court Parking."

The last time I tried to line up was 2 years ago for the 3G release. I was really hoping someone who went to either the 3Gs or iPad launches could say if they were allowed to line up without being hassled by security.
robtraut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:56 PM   #28
ayobonus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottd View Post
I just sent Menlo Mall this question.

As you may know there is a HUGE Apple product launch happening this Thursday June 24th. There will be people getting there early to wait in line. I am guessing that the 2nd floor entrance by Brookstone is going to be the place where people are going to be able to line up before the store opens. I plan on getting there before the Mall opens to wait in line. If I am patiently waiting in line I wont be run of the property will I? Can you please confirm this with me? THanks so much.

Here is the response I got from them.

The mall doors will be open at 7am. You will not be allowed to stand outside the doors early in the morning waiting to get in.

Why not? What is the big deal?
Great idea e-mailing Menlo Mall! Although this e-mail is helpful, it's also disappointing

Why can't we stand in line outside?! That's ridiculous, and it kills my plans for that morning. Can we wait in our cars before doors open? Or are we not allowed on the property at all?
ayobonus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:01 PM   #29
bscottd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayobonus View Post
Great idea e-mailing Menlo Mall! Although this e-mail is helpful, it's also disappointing

Why can't we stand in line outside?! That's ridiculous, and it kills my plans for that morning. Can we wait in our cars before doors open? Or are we not allowed on the property at all?
Everyone should email them saying that a line needs to be formed outside that entrance.

I mean come on, do they expect a MAD dash to the Apple store at 7am from everyone sitting in their cars? If anything I would think a line would be the safest most fair way to do it.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:49 PM   #30
ayobonus
macrumors member

Quote:
Everyone should email them saying that a line needs to be formed outside that entrance.

I mean come on, do they expect a MAD dash to the Apple store at 7am from everyone sitting in their cars? If anything I would think a line would be the safest most fair way to do it.
I agree. It's actually more safe to have a line formed in an orderly fashion than to have a massive amount of people dash for the door at 7AM. I suggest everyone e-mail them too. I'm going to.

I'll post if I get any info.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:55 PM   #31
ayobonus
macrumors member

I sent them this e-mail:

"Hello, I just had a general concern about this Thursday, June 24th.

As you may know, this Thursday, June 24th 2010 is the release of the iPhone 4, and many people will be coming early in the morning to the Apple Store. As I understand, doors open at 7AM. I was informed that Menlo mall will not allow customers to line up outside the door (probably the Food Court Parking deck) on the morning of June 24th. I was inquiring as to why we cannot line up outside the door in an orderly fashion early the morning. I think it's the safest way, and fairest way to handle iPhone 4 sales that morning. In my opinion I think that having a nice line outside the mall entrance is better than having a massive amount of people rushing for the door at 7AM. If you can give me any information, or ways to wait in line for the iPhone 4, I'd really appreciate it."

Hopefully we get some answers!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:47 PM   #32
blazinz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayobonus View Post
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. That's where I always park when I go to the Apple Store. Guess I'll be going there on launch day!

I thought the same, because as soon as you walk through that door the apple store is right there.. I guess thats where i'll be too.. unless we find an earlier open entrance..

**edit** what's the email addy for menlo, we should do this other wise there will mass confusion and that wont be good

Last edited by blazinz; Jun 21, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
blazinz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:57 PM   #33
bscottd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinz View Post
I thought the same, because as soon as you walk through that door the apple store is right there.. I guess thats where i'll be too.. unless we find an earlier open entrance..

**edit** what's the email addy for menlo, we should do this other wise there will mass confusion and that wont be good
This is where I went... there is an email form on the right.

http://www.simon.com/mall/guestservices.aspx?id=113
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:12 PM   #34
jvdrummer182
macrumors member

authorized users

has anyone spoken to the people at the apple store about allowing authorized at&t users to pickup a preordered phone if they aren't the account holder? they were letting authorized users on the account purchase the 3GS, I wonder if they may have changed things for the iPhone 4
jvdrummer182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:22 PM   #35
blazinz
macrumors regular

I called on Saturday, They confirmed that as long as you are an authorized user on the account you will be fine. Bring all your info though at least i am..

SS #'s
Id
Acc #
Fan #

What ever they even think they need, I want to be able to have it on spot..
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:29 PM   #36
blazinz
macrumors regular

Quote:

Thx! i just sent one, seems crazy they wouldnt allow a "line" to form knowing this before hand. But i've seen stranger things..
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:55 PM   #37
ayobonus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdrummer182 View Post
has anyone spoken to the people at the apple store about allowing authorized at&t users to pickup a preordered phone if they aren't the account holder? they were letting authorized users on the account purchase the 3GS, I wonder if they may have changed things for the iPhone 4
On Sunday I went to the Apple Store to ask about that weird situation. I was wondering the same thing because my father's name is on the account, and I know in the past he had to be there in order to purchase/change anything. One of the Apple guys said that as long as you're a registered user, you can purchase the iPhone 4. So we went to AT&T (which is conviently right across Apple) and he made me an authorized user. Hope every thing goes well!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:56 PM   #38
ayobonus
macrumors member

Quote:

That's where I sent my e-mail.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:40 AM   #39
levitynyc
macrumors 6502a

Hopefully with the preordered iPhones being delivered on 6/23 it will lighten to load off of AT&T and make the lines move quicker on Thursday
levitynyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:04 AM   #40
Dragula22
macrumors member

Is anyone planning waiting on the ATT line? This is more advantageous for us, non-reserve people, correct?
Dragula22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:01 AM   #41
ayobonus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula22 View Post
Is anyone planning waiting on the ATT line? This is more advantageous for us, non-reserve people, correct?
It might be. But I'm assuming AT&T has a smaller allotment than the Apple store would.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 AM   #42
jvdrummer182
macrumors member

time

so whats the earliest time everyone who preordered plans on getting there?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:38 PM   #43
jvdrummer182
macrumors member

update

i stopped by the menlo apple store on my way home from work today and have these updates:

*Make sure you print out your confirmation email from apple if you preordered
*Bring a government issued ID.
*The apple employees still do not know how mall security is going to handle people waiting otuside before the mall opens.
*They also do not know what time the mall doors will open, but assured me the store will open at 7 am.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:33 PM   #44
edog72
macrumors newbie

Drop Menlo a line

I just sent a message to Menlo to have security organize lines outside (by the food court). Hopefully, they'll listen.
edog72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:17 PM   #45
robtraut
macrumors newbie

Has mall services responded to anyone after Bscottd?

I'm planning to be there around 5:30.

Dragula, there's an article that says AT&T won't be doing walk in sales until the 29th. They're only doing pre-orders on Thursday.
robtraut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:27 PM   #46
bscottd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtraut View Post
Has mall services responded to anyone after Bscottd?

I'm planning to be there around 5:30.

Dragula, there's an article that says AT&T won't be doing walk in sales until the 29th. They're only doing pre-orders on Thursday.
The dude responded to me right away. Him not responding is not good news. Hopefully he is not ignoring this. If I get there early and am just turned away that will not be fair at all. Maybe it is better just to go to 5th Ave NYC since it is their "Flagship" store and they are open 24/7. They will have a line for sure. From Apple all the way down to Mall Cops this whole thing is on the downlow!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:44 PM   #47
levitynyc
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, a mad dash or worse yet, not letting people people onto the deck and then having hurrying people driving their cars, would be a terribly dangerous situation.
levitynyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:04 PM   #48
ayobonus
macrumors member

Yeah, I seriously don't know what the big deal is. I don't understand why we can't just form a line. It's seriously better than everyone rushing the door, or trying to speed up the ramps to get there at 7AM. And I can't believe that they haven't answered my e-mail. I'm going to e-mail them again tomorrow during the day.

I really hope they'll let us form a line. I'll drop by the Apple Store tomorrow, since I go to the gym at WOW basically everyday, to see if they know anything new.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:06 PM   #49
blazinz
macrumors regular

This will be bad if they dont have any type of organization. Hopefully we hear something by tomorrow night latest...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:19 PM   #50
edog72
macrumors newbie

No one from Menlo has contacted me back.

I hope everyone is contacting them with concerns and they make an adjustment.

Last edited by edog72; Jun 22, 2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Just saw the Bscottd's answer
edog72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups