Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1
funkyspunky871
macrumors newbie

Itunes DELETED my purchased ringtones

I just synced my first generation iphone to itunes and when that was done, I went to settings to find that I no longer had any purchased ringtones. Previously I had four ringtones purchased from my iphone directly. Two of those four ringtones were still there, but under "custom" instead of "Purchased". The other two have completely disappeared. They are not in my phone and not in itunes. Yet, when I went back to the itunes store (on my phone) to try and buy them again, it gave me a message saying that they had already been purchased. Where are they?!? I bought those stupid ringtones for $1.29 a piece and I do not want to buy them again! I hate apple; why did you delete my ringtones?

The four ringtones I purchased on my iphone were: First Train Home, Hide and Seek (Radio Edit), Headlock, and Goodnight & Go. Headlock and Goodnight & Go are completely missing.

There used to be a section that said "Purchased" at the top. It's gone, but First Train Home and Hide and Seek (Radio Edit) moved to custom. No Headlock or Goodnight & Go to be found.

Last edited by funkyspunky871; Jun 19, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
funkyspunky871 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:26 AM   #2
Matthew Yohe
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Yohe
Did you close and reopen iTunes?
Matthew Yohe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:35 AM   #3
funkyspunky871
macrumors newbie

Not after the sync. But I just did now and it's still missing the other two ringtones.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:38 AM   #4
funkyspunky871
macrumors newbie

CRAP! I just looked and it also deleted my only video I had in there.

I had bought "The Making of Not Now But Soon" off of the itunes app a long, long time ago. Now, it's gone from my videos in "Ipod" and it's no longer showing up in itunes either. Just like the two ringtones. Gone, gone, gone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting