Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:34 AM   #1
2Evan
macrumors member

OK, decision time! Shield, Case, both, or none?

Finally received my iPad today. I'd already bought the Zagg full-body InvisibleShield and the Apple case. I've read quite a bit on these forums that the shield and case were creating a mess (permanent purplish stains - saw some depressing pics) out
of the back of the iPad when you take it out of the case.

Any recommendations please?
2Evan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:39 AM   #2
gigaguy
macrumors 6502a

Ditch the zagg, they feel horrible, sticky tacky yuck. There are better ones, I use power support which are very good, but others are too. Never understood the popularity of the zagg, I think it' just cause Best Buy carries it.
love the apple case. Keep that. Never saw no stains with the apple case, strange. Just put some armor all (or better brand) plastic protectant on the case, fixes it right up.

Last edited by gigaguy; Jun 19, 2010 at 01:56 AM.
gigaguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:48 AM   #3
cmichaelb
macrumors 6502a

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
Ditch the zagg, they feel horrible, sticky tacky yuck. There are better ones, I use power support which are very good, but others are too. Never understood the popularity of the zagg, I think it' just cause Best Buy carries it.
love the apple case. Keep that. Never saw no stains with the apple case, strange. Just put some armor all (or better brand) plastic protectant on the case, fixes it right up.
I like Zaggs for the body but Power Support Anit-Glare for the screen.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:54 AM   #4
iFerd
macrumors 6502a

I can't figure out why you would want the full body Zagg and the Apple case anyway. The Apple case will do what the Zagg body wrap does, won't it? One or the other seems right to me.

I sent a Zagg screen protector for my iPhone back for a refund because I really disliked the orange peel appearance and the tacky feel. The refund was given, no questions asked.
iFerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:58 AM   #5
mrcc
macrumors regular

<< 100% naked except my apple ipad case. i dont need a screen protector. ive had a screen protector on my phone and i touch before. i hated it. not worth the money.
mrcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:26 PM   #6
2Evan
macrumors member

Thks people! Solid info.

I've now decided to not used the shield for the back of the iPad. The screen: Better safe than sorry. Thinking about putting it on tonight. But I'II keep reading these posts.

Again, BIG thks for your help.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 04:32 PM   #7
iFerd
macrumors 6502a

If you already have paid for the Invisible Shield, why not put it on the screen? It's easy to take off if you don't like it.

If you can return it for a refund, I would do that if I were you. But I'm not, so you should do what you think will be best for you.
iFerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:00 AM   #8
nidserz
macrumors 6502a

If you want something for th back I highly recommend Wrapsol. Honestly, I love it. It gives it a matte finish so you can't tell it is on the iPad as the aluminum is matte on the btwck. It feels great, and wasn't hard to put on. Check out youtube for wrapsol videos... Thats how i made my decision.
twitter |youtube
nidserz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:12 AM   #9
mytran80
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Evan View Post
Finally received my iPad today. I'd already bought the Zagg full-body InvisibleShield and the Apple case. I've read quite a bit on these forums that the shield and case were creating a mess (permanent purplish stains - saw some depressing pics) out
of the back of the iPad when you take it out of the case.

Any recommendations please?
I have the zagg with the apple case , it was nice ,but the apple case flap was annoying when using the accelerometer , the zagg was pointless when it is in the apple case except for the front screen protector , the zagg skin suffers from blue stains if you leave it inside the apple case for a long period of time.

I wouldn't go naked , every time you put down your iPad down when you need to go to the bathroom or grab a soda from the fridge , laying it on the table can potentially scratch or Nick the iPad
mytran80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:34 AM   #10
2Evan
macrumors member

thks, very helpful

thks so much guys. Decided to go with the screen shield only (just put it on in fact - simpler than expected) and the Apple case.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories