Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Towson Town Center Mall, Towson, MD.

So, anyone know any details about what time the mall will be allowing people to line up inside.?

This is what I know based on calling the Apple store; they will have 2 lines, one for reserved and one for walk ins and will open @ 7:00 am.

Has anyone been here before with any other launches? Any information on what doors will be open, where everyone will be waiting would be great. I will have on a "Keep it Simple" shirt, come say hello!

See ya all there!

Last edited by Fz1jp; Jun 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Fz1jp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Got Haggis?
macrumors member

No, it seems the apple stores won't give those details. I'm not sure if I am going to lineup at the towson store or the anapolis store. I live closer to the Towson store, but work near the Annapolis store. I asked the Annapolis store the same thing (what time mall would allow people to line up and where) and they said 7am, which obviously isn't true. Would be nice to know. For the iPad launch I rolled into the Towson mall about 1 hour before opening (they opened at 9) and was about number 30 in line. They also had 2 lines , one for walk INS and one for reorders but they didn't let people from the walk in line purchase one until the pre order line thinned down
Got Haggis? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
For the iPad launch I rolled into the Towson mall about 1 hour before opening (they opened at 9) and was about number 30 in line. They also had 2 lines , one for walk INS and one for reorders but they didn't let people from the walk in line purchase one until the pre order line thinned down
Good information, I'm going to go on a advanced scouting run sometime this week. I work pretty close to the mall, so have the time. I'm going to see if I can chat with some of the mall people and the Apple folk. I will let you all know if I find anything out.

BTW, pretty funny name...
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:43 PM   #4
itsmequinn
macrumors regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz1jp View Post
Good information, I'm going to go on a advanced scouting run sometime this week. I work pretty close to the mall, so have the time. I'm going to see if I can chat with some of the mall people and the Apple folk. I will let you all know if I find anything out.

BTW, pretty funny name...
I kind of want to get a sense of whether this store is going to be strict about holding reserves only for people that actually got through or if they're kinda going more first come first serve. I also feel bad calling to ask cause I'm sure everyone and their mother is asking similar questions. Do post if you have any more info after your scouting run. I can't go till 1 p.m. on Thursday unfortunately but I did reserve one.

This is my first time at Towson and first time on launch day. :-)
itsmequinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:58 PM   #5
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmequinn View Post
I kind of want to get a sense of whether this store is going to be strict about holding reserves only for people that actually got through or if they're kinda going more first come first serve. I also feel bad calling to ask cause I'm sure everyone and their mother is asking similar questions. Do post if you have any more info after your scouting run. I can't go till 1 p.m. on Thursday unfortunately but I did reserve one.

This is my first time at Towson and first time on launch day. :-)
The store does not make the policy, Apple does. When I called last week, they checked my reservation and told me to come in anytime before closing and they will have my phone for me. If you read over on the apple forum, every one has had the same experience. If you have a reservation, you have a phone, don't sweat it! It's that simple really! If you like, I will update this thread with details after I get mine. I have to be at work by 9:30 and plan on getting there around 6:00 - 6:30 and figure to get out before 9:00.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:12 PM   #6
itsmequinn
macrumors regular

Good info, thanks. I had just read about some other stores that said they would have one long line or that didn't think they would have enough stock. Hard to know exactly what to believe. Good luck!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:34 AM   #7
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

I'm not worried about stock, if a store had a max of 1000 reserve, they stopped taking reservations when they hit that 1000 and that's what they will get from Apple plus some extra for walk in's.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:17 AM   #8
DBriggs
macrumors member

Towson

Hey All,

I called the Towson apple store and they said that they will have the lines but we would need to call the mall to ask about when/where we can line up. So....I called the mall, they said that they will not open the mall doors till 7:00am so everyone will need to lineup outside the mall and they won't be opening till 7:00. How early is everyone getting there on Thursday. I couldn't get my pre order through so I am counting on a first come first serve phone and am planning on getting there early. Hope we can meet up there.

Dan
DBriggs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:50 AM   #9
Got Haggis?
macrumors member

I wonder how the different lines are going to work. Do walk ins not get phones until reservation line is empty? That doesn't make sense to me.
Got Haggis? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:20 PM   #10
itsmequinn
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
I wonder how the different lines are going to work. Do walk ins not get phones until reservation line is empty? That doesn't make sense to me.
Doesn't make sense to me either. Some of the reserve people won't show up until later, so even if it dies down there's only a certain number of phones for walk ins regardless. Might as well serve them concurrently.

Apple usually does things that make sense, so I would guess that's how it will be, but who knows. Good luck!

Last edited by itsmequinn; Jun 20, 2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:42 PM   #11
iManny
macrumors newbie

Im gonna get there around mid night bring my ipad watch a few movies and eat
iManny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:53 PM   #12
DBriggs
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iManny View Post
Im gonna get there around mid night bring my ipad watch a few movies and eat
I assume that you will be lined up outside in the C4 parking lot entrance. Does mall security care that people will be lined up that early outside? This is my first time coming out for a release at Towson Town. I am excited and will be getting there really early as well.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:02 PM   #13
iManny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBriggs View Post
I assume that you will be lined up outside in the C4 parking lot entrance. Does mall security care that people will be lined up that early outside? This is my first time coming out for a release at Towson Town. I am excited and will be getting there really early as well.
Yea i believe its c4 west, I live near abingdon so its a bit of a drive so weather they let me or not im gonna get there early and not turning around. Ill park near by if not and wait a little bit
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:18 PM   #14
DBriggs
macrumors member

Quote:
Yea i believe its c4 west, I live near abingdon so its a bit of a drive so weather they let me or not im gonna get there early and not turning around. Ill park near by if not and wait a little bit
Awesome! I live in edgewood so not to far from you. I will be getting to Towson around 2-3am. So I hope to see you there. Hopefully they won't give us a hard time about lining up since it is such a large release.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:21 PM   #15
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
iManny now that is early!! Do you have a reservation or are you just planning on being a super early walk in? I will have my 3 sons with me, only 1 has a reservation, the others are just coming for the event. This is what I'm planning; 1st, I'm going to take a recon trip tomorrow to check out doors, parking and all. Im going to chat with the Apple folks to see if they have any additional information and i will also go to the mall security office and see if i can get any additional information.

We plan on getting there around 5:30 - 6:00. I will be sending my younger sons around to scout out the area in the morning nails, maybe there is an open door or something?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:26 PM   #16
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

One more thing, do we want to share email information to keep each other informed, especially on the 24th?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:29 PM   #17
DBriggs
macrumors member

Quote:
One more thing, do we want to share email information to keep each other informed, especially on the 24th?
Yes. I will send you mine in a private message. Go ahead and send me yours too. This way we can all help each other out if it is crowded.

Edit: Oops didn't see that the last message was meant for imanny. Mind if I join in?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:32 PM   #18
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Excellent!! Except i can't figure out how to add contact information!

I found out the issue, you have to have at least 5 posts to be allowed to pm.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:36 PM   #19
iManny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
iManny now that is early!! Do you have a reservation or are you just planning on being a super early walk in? I will have my 3 sons with me, only 1 has a reservation, the others are just coming for the event. This is what I'm planning; 1st, I'm going to take a recon trip tomorrow to check out doors, parking and all. Im going to chat with the Apple folks to see if they have any additional information and i will also go to the mall security office and see if i can get any additional information.

We plan on getting there around 5:30 - 6:00. I will be sending my younger sons around to scout out the area in the morning nails, maybe there is an open door or something?
I have a reservation but im doing it more for the experience and fun , im gonna do some recon as well, i know reservations are locked in place but if you think about it, ive been looking forward to this phone since it was introduced so i want it asap A little bit of math 600,000(pre-orders) divided by 50 states is 11,000 a state give or take depending on sized, alot of people are gonna probably go to towson so id rather get there a little early since it is close to a major city besides columbia. All in all meet a few new people share a few apple stories and be one of the first to get my hands on a shinny new toy.

i have no problem with email.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:46 PM   #20
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I have a reservation but im doing it more for the experience and fun , im gonna do some recon as well, i know reservations are locked in place but if you think about it, ive been looking forward to this phone since it was introduced so i want it asap A little bit of math 600,000(pre-orders) divided by 50 states is 11,000 a state give or take depending on sized, alot of people are gonna probably go to towson so id rather get there a little early since it is close to a major city besides columbia. All in all meet a few new people share a few apple stories and be one of the first to get my hands on a shinny new toy.

i have no problem with email.
Very nice, same here really. I also did this math that i posted in the apple discussion area, people were getting seriously bent about the whole preorder vs. Reservation and if you reserved if you will get one, even though every Apple person said not to worry. I figured that Apple produced at least 4million units. That's conservative from the web, saying they were producing like 2-3 million per month. Take the 600k add another 600k for reservations, add say 1000 walk ins per store, there are 250 apple stores in the world, so 250k, that's a total of like 1.5 million, plenty left to distribute to the other stores and all.

Very cool, looking forward to seeing you all there.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:37 PM   #21
thisisapromise
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to thisisapromise
I'm flying in from WI on Tuesday night and am going to wait at the mall too. My gf has a reservation at Apple, so I'll probably spend a lot of time in that line. But being as I'm poor at the moment, I had no choice to reserve at the RS so that I can take advantage of the trade-in, being as I'm not eligible for upgrade... I'm hoping that since they're in the same mall as the Apple store, they'll at least have 2 (because I'm #2 there)! haha
Anyone know if they are for sure going to have any on launch?
32GB iPhone 4 (Jailbroken<---)
thisisapromise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:41 AM   #22
Fz1jp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapromise View Post
I'm flying in from WI on Tuesday night and am going to wait at the mall too. My gf has a reservation at Apple, so I'll probably spend a lot of time in that line. But being as I'm poor at the moment, I had no choice to reserve at the RS so that I can take advantage of the trade-in, being as I'm not eligible for upgrade... I'm hoping that since they're in the same mall as the Apple store, they'll at least have 2 (because I'm #2 there)! haha
Anyone know if they are for sure going to have any on launch?
The only thing I have really heard is the Best Buy leak information. They are expecting minimal inventory, but heck if you are #2, if they get any inventory you are good to go.

Have a good trip and see you in line.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:17 AM   #23
tristate
macrumors newbie

Angry Door Open Time

Spoke to Mall Security they will not let you enter the property till 7am and anyone caught will be removed from property and barred for 1 month.
tristate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:29 AM   #24
jiddic
macrumors newbie

totally new bie to this whole thing. blackberry was stolen in africa last week and since its my birthday on the 24th i figured id treat myself to a new toy. How can i do this? When you guys say "reserved" does that mean order one online? what are the chances if i show up at 7am that i get one and get out before 9/10am for work... i can stretch that but is this an all day thing? looking for alittle help here... and also how bad is ATT around baltimore really?

thanks a bunch guys!

WOW thats great, my signature is from like 5 years ago! classic

Past:
3 iBooks(switched the family) ranging from G3 700 to G4 1ghz.
iPod 1s5 gigs(stolen)

Volvo FOR LIFE!!
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT FOR EVER!
jiddic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:15 AM   #25
itsmequinn
macrumors regular

ATT is actually great for me in and around Baltimore.

I think you'll have a bit of a tough time getting a phone by just showing up at 7, but who knows. A) there are going to be people waiting to get in before 7 I would imagine and B) No one really knows how much additional stock they will have after reservations are met. Yes, reserved means that you "ordered" one online on June 15. Unfortunately reservations are closed now, so you'll have to just get there early and hope they have a lot of them. Good luck!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups