Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:02 PM   #1
coconn06
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to coconn06
Pro Keyboard USB cable length?

I'm now leaning towards getting the new low end PowerMac, and I don't want to spend the extra on BT and the wireless KB/mouse, because I don't need them.

However I want to put the PowerMac on the floor to get it off my desk. I'm sure this won't be an issue, but just to make sure, how long is the USB cable on the Apple keyboards?
coconn06 is offline   0
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:08 PM   #2
jsw
Moderator emeritus

The cord on my Pro keyboard (pulled down from shelf where it's been collecting dust since I got my BT one) - which came with my Rev. A G5 last fall - is 33" long. However, the G5 came with a USB cable extension, which, although not at hand now, is probably three feet long, thus giving you about 6 feet to play with.

I understand that you don't need the BT setup now, but that is a heck of a price for the combo, and the wireless keyboard will come in handy more than you'd think. However, if funds are limited, I see your point - but please try to find the $50 or so to upgrade the video card to the 9600XT. You will be happy you did.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:22 PM   #3
coconn06
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to coconn06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw
The cord on my Pro keyboard (pulled down from shelf where it's been collecting dust since I got my BT one) - which came with my Rev. A G5 last fall - is 33" long. However, the G5 came with a USB cable extension, which, although not at hand now, is probably three feet long, thus giving you about 6 feet to play with.

I understand that you don't need the BT setup now, but that is a heck of a price for the combo, and the wireless keyboard will come in handy more than you'd think. However, if funds are limited, I see your point - but please try to find the $50 or so to upgrade the video card to the 9600XT. You will be happy you did.
Oh yes, I am absolutely upgrading the video card. That's one of the major reasons I'm going with the PowerMac over the iMac. And I think the $100 I'd save by not getting the BT module, KB, and mouse will be much less strain on my wallet. Plus, I don't feel like worrying about draining batteries on my main input devices.

Thanks for the info.
coconn06 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers