Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
I ordered one 32GB for my line and my wife got a 16GB on the 15th. Both from Apple. Both were successful with order acknowledgments and temporary holds on the card. Today the 16GB order shows cancelled. No email, no call, nothing, just a cancellation on the order status page.

I've been on hold with Apple for the last 30 minutes.

Anyone had a similar thing happen?

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I ordered one 32GB for my line and my wife got a 16GB on the 15th. Both from Apple. Both were successful with order acknowledgments and temporary holds on the card. Today the 16GB order shows cancelled. No email, no call, nothing, just a cancellation on the order status page.

My bill was due on the 15th and I partially paid it last night. They canceled my order because of that. I now have to wait until the July 15th batch of iPhones ships.

tasslehawf

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Austin, TX

Apple canceled my order this morning because I didn't agree to an AT&T agreement email that I never got.

jons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Apple canceled my order this morning because I didn't agree to an AT&T agreement email that I never got.

WTF?? I never saw anything refer to an agreement at all. They only cancelled one line though, so even if true, that's completely inconsistent, unless they are going to cancel the other line as well... crap.

edit: I just checked my acknowledgment email. There is absolutely no mention of any other email or agreement. It just says once you get the phones, hook them up to iTunes to activate...

billy3785

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
NYC
i never got an att agreement email from apple. wtf.
my order hasnt been canceled but now im worried!

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
i never got an att agreement email from apple. wtf.
my order hasnt been canceled but now im worried!

You only get the email if you forgot to check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the att contract.

Also, the email might be sent to the user email that att has and not the primary account email. I don't know this for sure and I don't work for att. I am just guessing.

to check go to att -> my profile -> user information then select the appropriate user and make sure that email is correct.

utcarsons

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
At the very bottom of my acknowledgement email from Apple it states...

"You have agreed to the terms as stated in the AT&T Wireless Service Agreement, Terms of Service, and Rate Plan brochure, all of which are available at http://www.att.com/iphoneterms. Use of iPhone constitutes acceptance of the iPhone terms and conditions and other third party terms found in the iPhone box, or at http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/."

Does your's show that? If so, I would be sure and point it out! Maybe it'll help... hope so!

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005

"You have agreed to the terms as stated in the AT&T Wireless Service Agreement, Terms of Service, and Rate Plan brochure, all of which are available at http://www.att.com/iphoneterms. Use of iPhone constitutes acceptance of the iPhone terms and conditions and other third party terms found in the iPhone box, or at http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/."

Does your's show that? If so, I would be sure and point it out! Maybe it'll help... hope so!

My order confirmation for Apple does have that language at the bottom. Hoping this is a good thing.

jons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008

Yeah both emails show that. I finally got through to them, and am now back on hold. She said there was some kind of "internal error" because I upgraded two lines. Hopefully she can reinstate the order.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Just out of curiosity for those that had their Apple orders canceled without warning....

Do you still have a copy of your original Apple acknowledgment email? There are reports on other forums of their original order acknowledgment email from Apple being somehow deleted as if Apple had issued an email recall via Yahoo. It apparently only works on Exchange-based and Yahoo-based email accounts.

Sounds like tinfoil hat stuff but I've seen it posted in many places already.

jons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Just out of curiosity for those that had their Apple orders canceled without warning....

Do you still have a copy of your original Apple acknowledgment email? There are reports on other forums of their original order acknowledgment email from Apple being somehow deleted as if Apple had issued an email recall via Yahoo. It apparently only works on Exchange-based and Yahoo-based email accounts.

Sounds like tinfoil hat stuff but I've seen it posted in many places already.

Still have both emails.

So Apple has no idea why the order was cancelled. Guy said he would have to call me back, and "hopefully" have an answer.

I waited on hold for 45 minutes to get that response? Lame.

rtabdo

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
Did any of you who got cancellation have your status at "prepared for shipment"?

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I placed orders for 4 iPhones with Apples Store (separate orders and all separate lines) and I got two cancelled today too. 2 are Prepared to Ship though, wtf?

ryank808

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I had a nightmare last night that my CC declined and my order was canceled. Can to the computer afterward just to double check, haha.

Everything is fine though, order is "prepared for shipment"

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Ohh, and I spent 1 hour on hold to talk to Apple... they researched it and said that it was rejected and cancelled by AT&T when it was being processed. They say the upgrade eligibility should revert and allow me to upgrade again within 7 days.

jons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Did any of you who got cancellation have your status at "prepared for shipment"?

Yes, it was prepared for shipment.

Just got a call from Apple. They really have no clue what they're doing.

They said because it's a family plan, I have to go into an ATT store to order...WTF?????

He said, "I'm not sure about that, but you should call ATT to confirm."

Are you kidding me? Seriously.

Anyone else on a family plan orders go through?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
If you have a past due balance with AT&T, even if it becomes past due between the time you place your order and the time your iPhone is prepared for shipment, they might cancel your order.

Apple's computers cross-reference with AT&Ts.

Months ago, I was checking upgrade eligibility via the Apple site and, at the time, my bill was a couple of days past due. The response said something along the lines that when I pay the past due balance, I will be eligible for a discount on a new iPhone.

For anybody who is on the cusp of a new statement being cut, make sure your bill is completely paid so that the phone ships.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007

They said because it's a family plan, I have to go into an ATT store to order...WTF?????

Yeah I have a family plan with 4 lines, two cancelled and two went through. They told me the AT&T stuff too, I called them and the lady read me some prepared statement about how they are no longer accepting preorders and stuff, they are totally clueless.

ProMod

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Just got off the phone with Apple. She checked both mine and my fiance's orders, and we're both good to go.

She did ask right off, "Did you check your terms and conditions when you ordered?" and I said I think so, no clue. She said that if you did NOT check the box, then you would get a second email asking you to click a link to accept the terms and conditions. I told her I never got a second email, just an order acknowledgement for each. She researched both orders and said they were all in order, and confirmed delivery for the 24th.

When I did bring up the verbiage at the bottom of my order acknowledgement that said I had accepted the terms and conditions, she said, "Oh yeah, you're good to go then."

Take it all with a grain of salt, but it sounds ok for now.

EDIT: These are not two lines on a family plan, they're two separate accounts.

Jay26

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
I am the primary line on a family plan and preordered on June 15 through apple. I just checked the apple order information and is says "prepared for shipment."

I logged into AT&T to check on my account and viewed my profile under the account information. The site is reflecting that my contract ending date is now 6/17/2012. So, I'm assuming everything went through.

Hopefully it remains this way.

Edit: I also checked my order acknowledgment and it reads it reads that I have accepted the terms, etc.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
Also have a family plan, and as is my order is still 'prepared for shipment'. Can't imagine a family plan has anything to do with it.

Also did see a post last night about an order being canceled last night due to the person changing their shipping address on the order or so that's what Apple told them, just fyi.

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ

How did you order them, in one cart? I have a family plan, but I used two user Apple ID's and two different credit cards to place the orders. Mine is showing ready to ship and my wife's is still not shipped, but still has the 24th as a delivery date. I will hope for the best.
Jeff

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
If you guys think AT&T is bad, you ought to try Sprint. I had Sprint from 1999-2007, until the iPhone launch, and even WITHOUT something as massive as the flood of changes that AT&T has been forced to process with the advent of i4, Sprint continually danced with two left feet.

Still, it's good to keep an eye on them. Mistakes can, and do, happen.

Good luck to everybody.

virx

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
After reading this thread went to check my order status and sure it is cancelled. WTF? No cancellation email, just order stays changedbwithout any explanation :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.