Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:53 PM   #1
dlastmango
macrumors 6502

Question iBook 12" with external DVD-R???

The 12" iBook doesnt come with a superdrive as an option. But does a external DVD-R work well with iDVD?

I remember a while back that iDVD only worked with factory installed DVD-R's.

Is this still true?

What drives would you suggest?
Thanks,
Chris
dlastmango is offline   0
Old Oct 21, 2004, 06:10 PM   #2
Elan0204
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlastmango
I remember a while back that iDVD only worked with factory installed DVD-R's.

Is this still true?
Yes and no. Officially, iDVD still only supports internal Apple supported SuperDrives. However, there is an "easter egg" on the Internet that will let you burn to an external burner using iDVD 4. The easter egg consists of 2 files that you place in your home directory.

If you would like to find a link to the files, do a search of the forums. This issue has come up a number of times, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding the files.

To learn more about Utada, check out my iMix.
Elan0204 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers