Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schmintan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
anyone here have an invisible shield for their ipad? how is it? does it fit well, is it really invisible and how easy was it to apply? what do you recommend?

couzo

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
I use the version by clear coat. Its great. A lot easier to insal then invisible shield and also performs great.

Another good factor for me is if you balls up on the instal they will send you another one free of charge!!

magiclaffs

macrumors member
May 6, 2010
Look and feel of Zagg Invisible Shield

See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/930035/

I really hesitated to go through the hair-pulling installation but it only took about 20 minutes. I'm sooooo glad that I did install it. Works great, feels a little 'grabby' but other than that it was great. Got mine from Amazon for 16 rather than paying $26 at the Zagg site.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Get a BSE, believe me, been there, done that. BSE is cheaper, better quality and easier to apply, plus it ships faster and it's a relatively painless install.

Take a look at this thread for some tips on the IS/BSE:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/932941/

I can't stress this enough, even if Zagg offers lifetime replacements, BSE's product is (imo) superior. I screwed up my iPad install of the IS initially, despite using all the fluid...and while comparing my BSE to my friend's IS (on his iPad), I also found the BSE to feel nicer, smoother.

I guess it's a question of taste, but I'm now a BSE believer.

http://bestskinsever.com

Ingram

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
I have zagg IS installed on front and back. The front shield is not/hardly noticeable when the screen is turned on. All in all, if you don't mess up your IS when installing, it should look good. It gives you grippier surface, so some may prefer naked front, I personally don't mind one way or another. I just don't want to worry about getting the touchscreen scratched.

Personally, I prefer shields that requires wet installation, namely IS and BSE, as I have failed to install all kind of other shields. IS/BSE, once installed, cannot be removed and re-applied, but as long as you haven't let the shield dry, you can re-install or correct it as long as you want.

IS or BSE? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IS doesn't offer you a replacement if you mess up your installation. Considering that if you installed the shield successfully and use iPad like any normal person, you probably won't need a replacement for the life of your gadget, so choosing BSE can save you money.

I have had good experience with BSE in the past, but they didn't offer shield for iPad when I was looking for one, so I bought IS with a 50% promo code.

StopSign24

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
I have zagg IS installed on front and back. The front shield is not/hardly noticeable when the screen is turned on. All in all, if you don't mess up your IS when installing, it should look good. It gives you grippier surface, so some may prefer naked front, I personally don't mind one way or another. I just don't want to worry about getting the touchscreen scratched.

Personally, I prefer shields that requires wet installation, namely IS and BSE, as I have failed to install all kind of other shields. IS/BSE, once installed, cannot be removed and re-applied, but as long as you haven't let the shield dry, you can re-install or correct it as long as you want.

IS or BSE? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IS doesn't offer you a replacement if you mess up your installation. Considering that if you installed the shield successfully and use iPad like any normal person, you probably won't need a replacement for the life of your gadget, so choosing BSE can save you money.

I have had good experience with BSE in the past, but they didn't offer shield for iPad when I was looking for one, so I bought IS with a 50% promo code.

When you say that the front has a grippier surface, is it grippy enough to not allow a smooth glide from a foam stylus, like the pogo sketch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.