Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:52 AM   #1
schmintan
macrumors regular

invisible shield for ipad, what are they like?

anyone here have an invisible shield for their ipad? how is it? does it fit well, is it really invisible and how easy was it to apply? what do you recommend?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:17 AM   #2
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Contrary to popular belief, threads about Invisible Shields and iPads are not invisible.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:18 AM   #3
couzo
macrumors newbie

I use the version by clear coat. Its great. A lot easier to insal then invisible shield and also performs great.

Another good factor for me is if you balls up on the instal they will send you another one free of charge!!
couzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:25 AM   #4
PCClone
Banned

We don't know because they are like, invisible.
PCClone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:14 AM   #5
magiclaffs
macrumors member

Look and feel of Zagg Invisible Shield

See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...035&highlight=

I really hesitated to go through the hair-pulling installation but it only took about 20 minutes. I'm sooooo glad that I did install it. Works great, feels a little 'grabby' but other than that it was great. Got mine from Amazon for 16 rather than paying $26 at the Zagg site.
magiclaffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:59 PM   #6
CristobalHuet
macrumors 65816

Get a BSE, believe me, been there, done that. BSE is cheaper, better quality and easier to apply, plus it ships faster and it's a relatively painless install.

Take a look at this thread for some tips on the IS/BSE:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=932941&page=2

I can't stress this enough, even if Zagg offers lifetime replacements, BSE's product is (imo) superior. I screwed up my iPad install of the IS initially, despite using all the fluid...and while comparing my BSE to my friend's IS (on his iPad), I also found the BSE to feel nicer, smoother.

I guess it's a question of taste, but I'm now a BSE believer.

http://bestskinsever.com
CristobalHuet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:05 PM   #7
Ingram
macrumors newbie

I have zagg IS installed on front and back. The front shield is not/hardly noticeable when the screen is turned on. All in all, if you don't mess up your IS when installing, it should look good. It gives you grippier surface, so some may prefer naked front, I personally don't mind one way or another. I just don't want to worry about getting the touchscreen scratched.

Personally, I prefer shields that requires wet installation, namely IS and BSE, as I have failed to install all kind of other shields. IS/BSE, once installed, cannot be removed and re-applied, but as long as you haven't let the shield dry, you can re-install or correct it as long as you want.

IS or BSE? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IS doesn't offer you a replacement if you mess up your installation. Considering that if you installed the shield successfully and use iPad like any normal person, you probably won't need a replacement for the life of your gadget, so choosing BSE can save you money.

I have had good experience with BSE in the past, but they didn't offer shield for iPad when I was looking for one, so I bought IS with a 50% promo code.
Ingram is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:43 PM   #8
maestrokev
macrumors 6502a

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristobalHuet View Post
Get a BSE, believe me, been there, done that. BSE is cheaper, better quality and easier to apply, plus it ships faster and it's a relatively painless install.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:45 PM   #9
xraytech
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Contrary to popular belief, threads about Invisible Shields and iPads are not invisible.
What he said
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:33 AM   #10
StopSign24
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
I have zagg IS installed on front and back. The front shield is not/hardly noticeable when the screen is turned on. All in all, if you don't mess up your IS when installing, it should look good. It gives you grippier surface, so some may prefer naked front, I personally don't mind one way or another. I just don't want to worry about getting the touchscreen scratched.

Personally, I prefer shields that requires wet installation, namely IS and BSE, as I have failed to install all kind of other shields. IS/BSE, once installed, cannot be removed and re-applied, but as long as you haven't let the shield dry, you can re-install or correct it as long as you want.

IS or BSE? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IS doesn't offer you a replacement if you mess up your installation. Considering that if you installed the shield successfully and use iPad like any normal person, you probably won't need a replacement for the life of your gadget, so choosing BSE can save you money.

I have had good experience with BSE in the past, but they didn't offer shield for iPad when I was looking for one, so I bought IS with a 50% promo code.
When you say that the front has a grippier surface, is it grippy enough to not allow a smooth glide from a foam stylus, like the pogo sketch?
StopSign24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories