Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:36 AM   #1
theslaz
macrumors 6502

Re connecting Apple TV

Subscribed to a new Digital Television service ( Telus Tv). In order to do that; Telus installed a new modem/router. Of course; now Apple Tv doesn't recognize the new router. I entered the proper settings ( Sid name and password ); the problem I'm having now is that the Apple TV doesn't show up in Itunes. Nothing shows in devices except my Iphone and Itouch. How do I get it to show so that I can enter the number that Apple Tv wants me to enter so the two connect??
theslaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:12 AM   #2
djdirect
macrumors newbie

I believe you would go to the setting/computer and where you see or dont see your library, you would click on add iTunes library. If you do see your already named library, click on it, disconnect and re-add to iTunes. You should get the connection numbers.
djdirect is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:35 AM   #3
theslaz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdirect View Post
I believe you would go to the setting/computer and where you see or dont see your library, you would click on add iTunes library. If you do see your already named library, click on it, disconnect and re-add to iTunes. You should get the connection numbers.
I got the connection numbers; Itunes would not show the device; therefore there was no place to insert the numbers on Itunes.
I did get that problem solved. I rebooted the Apple Tv and my computer. Device showed and it gave me the opportunity to insert the numbers. Now I have a network problem. Will have to look into that when I got time. Just boggles my mind how I can have a network problem; when it was through the network that the device showed in Itunes.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
theslaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater