Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I just thought its been VERY quiet lately regarding the overdue Mac Pro update this past week because of all the hype on the unibody mac mini and the iPhone 4 preorders.

Any news at all?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Nope, zero news :( Unlikely that Apple would update something on two Tuesdays in a row, in fact, on three if iPhone 4 is counted. You can find most pieces of news by checking the MacRumors front page and the Mac Pro forum. If there is news about it, you cannot miss them

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I always search the macrumors front page for any new news first, then I would go to 9to5mac.com, cultofmac.com then look at the first page of the Mac Pro section of the threads for any new news.

Nothing yet, but I was hoping if anyone else had some exclusive inside news from anywhere else that I hadnt seen before.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Well I'm thinking since Tuesday is practically free from any of the other major updates going on this week, that we'll might have a good chance of seeing the MP updated.

Man, at least that's what I'm hoping for...

Techhie

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2008
The hub of stupidity
For those still riding the "June update" train, there are only two more Tuesdays left. After the 29th comes and goes, we all might as well start packing for the long haul. :D

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
The MP rumors kinda died with the iPhone, tbh, it haven't been any good rumors since the hexacore ones.

Hehe, I also found it a bit funny a new member tells someone that have been around for over four years on the forums to learn to use the search function :p

the editor

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
not this tuesday...why? there's too much Iphone4 shipping/distribution going on and they can hardly keep up with that.

Like stated before, i guess the mac Pro update rumor died...

first was januari, then it was march...then it was "any day now", Most defiantly in May or any given tuesday in May...next it was WWDC...then it could be "during" WWDC...:D Last tuesday the Mac online store when down and everybody was asking if "this could be it" :D ....but its going to be probably the 29th:D after the 29th ...we already have a bet on Juli....

Also steve said "june is going to be an exiting month" so i guess if its not happening in June (29th) were definitely in for the long haul here.

we should have some kind of "the great mac pro depression" sticky for the future to come so in the future people will know and understand what we had to go trough in the year 2010

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
You should start a new thread every day.

"So, any new news for the Mac Pro update this Wednesday?"

And so on.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
IMHO it'll be June 29th. If not it's going to be a very long wait :(

+1. I've a bad feeling that Jobs has Fall in mind. That might be even acceptable, but I doubt that any new tech would even appear by then. certainly not lightpeak (think late 2011) and most likely not even usb 3. Maybe only to sata6? So really a needless delay.

cs4160

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
You know (as my wife constantly reminds me as she walks away laughing), my decision to postpone my late 2009 MP purchase because i assumed a tech refresh was just around the corner is looking dumber and dumber...:D

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
You know (as my wife constantly reminds me as she walks away laughing), my decision to postpone my late 2009 MP purchase because i assumed a tech refresh was just around the corner is looking dumber and dumber...:D

I'm not ready to concede that point just yet. :D

Topper

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007

What can you do? You are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Most people thought the Mac Pro would come out in March.
There has been an excuse for why it should come out every week since.
If you buy the 2009 Mac Pro you will shoot yourself because you'll know that with a little patience (like I'm the one to talk) you could have done better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.