Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:07 PM   #1
magiclaffs
macrumors member

Slooooooow response on Boxwave Stylus

On June 3 I purchased a Boxwave stylus on Amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Amazon said it would ship and arrive between 9 and 14 June. Waiting, waiting. On 15 June I emailed Amazon and they forwarded it to Boxwave. Waiting, waiting. It finally arrived on 18 June. The stylus works great, but I will never order from Boxwave again. It was mailed to me on 16 June. I'm surprised that it took two week to process and ship.

Has anyone else had bad experiences with accessories taking so long? Or was this just a fluke?
magiclaffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:30 PM   #2
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

A couple of years ago i ordered from Boxwave thru Amazon and it was fast - faster than an order from them direct.

Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Can you compare it to a Pogo Stylus? Is it "fat" like a regular pen?
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Skystar
macrumors 6502

Boxwave had usually shipped very fast, but I always ordered direct from their website.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:22 PM   #4
nutsnbolts
macrumors 6502

I have ordered several items from Boxwave and at times, if one item on a several items you have ordered is on back order, then they will hold all items until the backordered item is filled. You simply can call them to have the rest of the items shipped and have them hold the item that is on backordered.

I never had a problem with them and quite honestly they have been a solid company to not have any issues. I agree it's probably a fluke.
nutsnbolts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:22 AM   #5
magiclaffs
macrumors member

Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyS/FL View Post
A couple of years ago i ordered from Boxwave thru Amazon and it was fast - faster than an order from them direct.

Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Can you compare it to a Pogo Stylus? Is it "fat" like a regular pen?
Sorry, I've not tried the Pogo stylus. But in researching here and online the big issue for me was the length of the stylus. I wanted it to be long enough to feel like a drawing pencil. They're likely the same length (I don't remember though- getting older!)
magiclaffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:56 AM   #6
sracer
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclaffs View Post
Sorry, I've not tried the Pogo stylus. But in researching here and online the big issue for me was the length of the stylus. I wanted it to be long enough to feel like a drawing pencil. They're likely the same length (I don't remember though- getting older!)
The Pogo Stylus is shorter than the Pogo Sketch. I have the Sketch for my iPad (and picked up the Pogo Stylus on super-clearance @ DealExtreme) Both are functionally equivalent... the Sketch is longer and has a clip.

I also picked up a stylus with a rubber tip from Amazon. Works great on the Macbook Pro but there is too much drag on the iPad's screen.
sracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories