Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GHII

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Ordered mine yesterday and should have it maybe tomorrow. Looks like a great case with good grip.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
I really like these cases but my only concern is that I have read about problems related to the SwitchEasy cases and ipads with screen protectors :(

I have an SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector on the front and the Wrapsol map back protector. I would hate to have to remove them as they cost the same as a case :(

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
Ordered mine too in black! wonderful package with stands and everything!
added an additional nude case in black too!

overkill? i guess so!

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I'll have mine tomorrow, ordered the black one =)... I'll be doing a video review of it for our site as well, AppAddict.net. I'll post a link in here once I post that up.

GHII

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
I received my case today and Im not going to really 'review' it, but i'll give you my immediate opinions. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with the case mostly because of 2 reasons, which really break the case for me.

img20100624114225.jpg

img20100624114240.jpg

img20100624114246.jpg

The first is the texture. After reading on the reptile page about how it's a "unique mix material layout" and how it offers "the best grip sensation on the market", I was expecting the backing to be somewhat 'tacky' making it easy to grip. But in reality, its plastic, and really slick feeling. It's no easier to grip than the brushed aluminum backing of the iPad. Big -1 right there for me.

Second, is the black bezel that snaps on the front of the iPad. It cleans up the top of the 'reptile' backing, but on the backside does not flush up with the backing. So when you try to hold the ipad you can feel the hard plastic from the bezel dig into your hand. On and near the corners the bezel meets the backing making a smooth connection, but as you can see from the pictures the length down the side does not, making it uncomfortable to hold.

img20100624114304.jpg

img20100624114315.jpg

img20100624114333.jpg

Those 2 things together are huge deal breakers and I'll definitely be sending it back for a refund, which sucks, because I wanted to really like this case!

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
I was really hoping this case would be a winner. I am disappointed to hear about the design flaws. :eek: I will keep on searching for a case that I will be happy with.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Dang bummed to hear the flaws.

I'm still using a Speck CandyShell case with mine and I don't love it either.. but I guess I'll keep looking.

kailess

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for posting the pics GHII. You just saved me 40 bucks. I was going to buy one in the hopes that the back was "grip-y." You saved me a purchase I would have been disappointed in.

Seems like SwitchEasy missed a real opportunity here by not making the back of the case grippable.

dkokolis

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2010
switcheasy frame

I received my case today and Im not going to really 'review' it, but i'll give you my immediate opinions. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with the case mostly because of 2 reasons, which really break the case for me.

img20100624114225.jpg

img20100624114240.jpg

img20100624114246.jpg

The first is the texture. After reading on the reptile page about how it's a "unique mix material layout" and how it offers "the best grip sensation on the market", I was expecting the backing to be somewhat 'tacky' making it easy to grip. But in reality, its plastic, and really slick feeling. It's no easier to grip than the brushed aluminum backing of the iPad. Big -1 right there for me.

Second, is the black bezel that snaps on the front of the iPad. It cleans up the top of the 'reptile' backing, but on the backside does not flush up with the backing. So when you try to hold the ipad you can feel the hard plastic from the bezel dig into your hand. On and near the corners the bezel meets the backing making a smooth connection, but as you can see from the pictures the length down the side does not, making it uncomfortable to hold.

img20100624114304.jpg

img20100624114315.jpg

img20100624114333.jpg

Those 2 things together are huge deal breakers and I'll definitely be sending it back for a refund, which sucks, because I wanted to really like this case!

Hi, I'm just curious if you can use the reptile case without the frame? Looking at a video, I see that the bottom part of the case..the reptile part, covers the bezel and dock, buttons etc. Would I have to put the frame on, or would the case sag if I didn't. I think from a video that I had seen on another site, that the case looks better without the hard frame on top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.