Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:08 PM   #1
GeeYouEye
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to GeeYouEye Send a message via Yahoo to GeeYouEye
Trying to find an image and context for this shirt

I've come into possession of a vintage Apple shirt, but I can't find a picture of it or context for it anywhere online. But I know I've seen it before.

It's a polo shirt; on the front is a small 6-color Apple logo surrounded by a samurai headdress line art in blue. Beneath is written Macintosh in Apple Garamond, also in blue, slightly narrower overall than the headdress.

On the back is a picture of a samurai, not in full armor, appearing to wipe a katana on his kimono, standing like he's just killed some invader (but there is no sign of blood on the sword, or anyone else present. Behind him sits a Macintosh (128 or 512k) with the original Macintosh keyboard with numpad and mouse. On top of the Macintosh is a fishbowl with a large goldfish inside.

Does anyone know where an image of this exists online, or know the story behind the shirt?

If I don't get much in the way of a response, I'll see if I can scan the shirt.
Like politics, free speech, computers, entertainment, and more? Join us at Wordforge.net
GeeYouEye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Blazkowicz
macrumors newbie

Maybe it's one of Susan Kare's promotional designs. Sounds cool.
Blazkowicz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:41 PM   #3
GeeYouEye
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to GeeYouEye Send a message via Yahoo to GeeYouEye
Susan Kare! Of course, that makes sense. She did two other Japanese figures as well, or at least rendered them, one of whom was a samurai in full armor (at least as much as you could see of him). I still haven't managed to track down an image confirming this though.
Like politics, free speech, computers, entertainment, and more? Join us at Wordforge.net
GeeYouEye is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors