Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AT&T ORDER STATUS POLL

• preordered thru Premier/now with tracking number

Votes: 40 11.5%
  • preordered thru Premier/no tracking number/still backordered

Votes: 102 29.4%
  • preordered thru Premier/no tracking number/still in progress, not backorder

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • preordered thru regular AT&T site/now with tracking number

Votes: 57 16.4%
  • preordered thru regular AT&T site/no tracking number/still backordered

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • preordered thru regular AT&T site/no tracking number/still in progress, not backorder

Votes: 52 15.0%
  • preordered thru AT&T store/now with tracking number

Votes: 45 13.0%
  • preordered thru AT&T store/no tracking number/still backordered

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • preordered thru AT&T store/no tracking number/still in progress not backorder

Votes: 30 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
The thread that's been stickied is kind of a mess so I'm hoping this poll of order status will help? After you place your poll, you can add some more info like when you preordered, did you get email confirmation and etc...

mine is preordered on Premier site on 6/15 7:15 AM PST, got confirmation email 5 minutes later but still no tracking number and still backordered

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Man, if I knew this would happen, I would have never ordered through AT&T and their "premier" site. Well, this is the last time I'll ever be ordering anything from AT&T.

ChrisJSNh

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
it looks like very few who ordered thru Premier getting tracking number like me:(
well i ordered 2 though the premier site and have 3 coworkers who did also.
all of us ordered before 7 am eastern time, on the 15th.
this morning we all saw tracking numbers by 9 am. got emails around 10:30 am from premier saying the order is preped etc and will be shipping and it included the tracking number. by 11 am we all had new at&t CSS emails

all times are eastern

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
I should have never ordered from AT&T, too.

Hopefully they'll just give me a tracking number just to prevent me from refreshing their order status page.

TavisB

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2008
Ordered Premier 6am PST 6/15. ATT order status says ordered 6/15, still back-ordered.

allocate

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
Ordered at the AT&T website, non-premier, at 11:14 am ET. Still "in progress," not back-ordered.

niko22

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Based on the people who have answered the poll to this point, the people who used the premier site seem to be worse off than the people who ordered through the regular site.

I ordered mine at 10:30am EDT through the regular site, on 6/15, still "in progress," not back-ordered.

g8rdmd

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Please forgive my ignorance...but what is Premiere? How does it differ from regular AT&T :confused:

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
There's no real good way of doing this through a poll, there are too many data elements. To really track it accurately, we'd need a cross-functional matrix. That would allow us to better, accurately do some trending and analysis. Or, we can just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. :cool:

wishman35

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
I knew i shouldn't have preordered from ATT, i really was hesitant but I wasn't able to get through with Apple. Of course everyone's Apple orders have already been shipped out and are in the air!

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I preordered on 6/15 @ about 6:15AM CST and was on backorder until 6/20 when it was removed. I received my shipping confirm email this AM and I'm good to go now :D

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
You get a discount on your AT&T wireless account if you work for a company that AT&T support. If you are eligible, you get discount and your account status is called Premier. ;)

...but you're actually treated like a second-class citizen. The unfortunate part is that the people with FANs never had the option of not ordering via the premier website.

I actually ordered my other iPhone via Apple a whole 6.5 hours later and that one is traveling across the Pacific Ocean already.

Ahnuld

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
this poll should separate between 16gb and 32gb.
Me thinks they are going through a stack of 16gb's right now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.