Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leolizm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Are their any software that can allow windows program to run on mac

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
"Q" http://www.kju-app.org/
does work too if you already have a copy of windows xp ,and if you know how to work in the terminal , but i found it a bit sluggish to say the least but its sort of usable
best you can go for is still virtual pc for Mac which comes with windows xp included , ok it cost money , usually here in the uk up to £60 + , but i think as its still the best option to get windows on a ppc Mac and a fully working one straight outs box without the need of terminal work
well worth the money , ok you wont be able to play games on i guess ..but you could always try :D

just for example i did try both Q emulated the equivalent of a 60mhz processor on my 1.42mhz eMac with 2 gb ram , ok i could choose to have up to 1gb ram in Q
virtual pc emulates a equivalent of a 600mhz processor in the same eMac , but limited in virtual pc to 512 mb ram , still its enough for most programs to work with ,i used it for my microsoft office for windows until i got microsoft office for Mac , ok games could be a challenge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.