Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Coolmatt49
macrumors member

Question iOS 4 iPhone 3G Double-Tap Home Button Shortcut?

Hey, for those who have upgraded their iPhone 3G to iOS 4, because there is no multitasking or orientation lock, does double tapping on the home button still give you shortcut app launching or does it do nothing now? I use it all the time for accessing my camera without having to tap on the app on the home screen. I really would like to know whether or not it will be there if I update my iPhone. Thanks.
Coolmatt49 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:53 AM   #2
al256
macrumors 6502a

If you don't use the JB then yes. You can still customize the double tap BUT after the redsn0w JB, you will lose that setting.
al256 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:57 AM   #3
Coolmatt49
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al256 View Post
If you don't use the JB then yes. You can still customize the double tap BUT after the redsn0w JB, you will lose that setting.
Oh okay, so basically if I jailbreak it to act like a 3G S (giving 3G S features to the 3G) it will remove that feature. Otherwise, I still keep the double-tap shortcut. Thanks for the help. Shame they had to remove the feature with the newer iPhone models. I guess I'll have to get used to it when I upgrade my iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4. Hopefully they'll add it back on again in a different/similar way.
Coolmatt49 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting