Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:51 AM   #1
ABigGatorsFan
macrumors newbie

iPod app not working after update to 4.0 on iPhone 3G s?

Since updating to OS 4.0 on my 3G s last night, my ipod app no longer works. Everytime I go to open the ipod app it stays open for a second and then shuts down. I am not able to get anything to play either through the standard ipod controls or the multitasking control panel. I'm sure there will be an update soon to correct this, i just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.
ABigGatorsFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:15 AM   #2
iPegboy
macrumors regular

I'm experiencing the same exact issue.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:02 AM   #3
elb
macrumors newbie

ipod app not working after upgrading to OS 4.0

Hi folks,

The same issue here with my IPhone 3GS. Waiting to see any patch soon.

Eduardo Bastos
elb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:54 AM   #4
jzarley
macrumors newbie

Same issue as well...the iPod app opens, displays for a few seconds, then closes. I tried rebooting a few times, but I continue to have the issue. (Good thing I have my iPad to use for music at work today )
jzarley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:07 AM   #5
iPegboy
macrumors regular

I'm considering doing a fresh install of 4.0. Anyone try this yet?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:56 AM   #6
pdpmojo
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I believe it has something to do with iTunes. I have 2 3Gs' and one of them I downloaded a podcast. The one that I downloaded the podcast, causes the iPod app to crash. The one that was just updated to 4.0 works perfectly fine. Can any of you confirm that you downloaded something off the iTunes app and that caused it to break?
pdpmojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:57 AM   #7
pdpmojo
macrumors newbie

Ironic that we finally get to background the Pandora App and now the iPod app goes.
pdpmojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:59 AM   #8
Trent0341
macrumors regular

I downloaded a song from iTunes and am now having the same issue. Any known fixes out there?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:10 AM   #9
jvance
macrumors newbie

Experienced the same thing with my 3g. Reinstalling fixed it.
jvance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:13 AM   #10
jzarley
macrumors newbie

I downloaded a song from iTunes this morning (via the iPhone) immediately before attempting to use the iPod app. Unfortunately, I don't know if the iPod worked before that and the download broke it, or if it happened immediately as a result of iOS 4 upgrade.

However, I personally know of three other people who've done the iOS upgrade on their 3GS's and are NOT having the iPod issue...so, there must be some sort of combination of factors that is causing it.
jzarley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:01 PM   #11
iPegboy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpmojo View Post
I have the same problem. I believe it has something to do with iTunes. I have 2 3Gs' and one of them I downloaded a podcast. The one that I downloaded the podcast, causes the iPod app to crash. The one that was just updated to 4.0 works perfectly fine. Can any of you confirm that you downloaded something off the iTunes app and that caused it to break?
I never opened the iPod app before downloading a podcast, so I can't be sure one worked without the other -- but yes, I downloaded a podcast, and now the iPod won't stay open for more than a brief moment.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:57 PM   #12
iPegboy
macrumors regular

Just read on the Apple support discussion boards that a re-syncing of the phone will do the trick to cure this. I'm away from my home computer to do that, but that's the word. So give that a try, for those experiencing the problem.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Ding.Dong
macrumors regular

I had this exact same problem. After upgrading the OS, my iPod app showed that I had no podcasts even though I had several before upgrading. I downloaded a couple through the iPhone, then the iPod would crash immediately whenever I opened it. I rebooted and resynched a couple of times without any change.

I finally got it to work by downloading a new podcast through iTunes on my desktop and then resynching. I noticed during the synch that it was now transferring podcasts to the iPhone. After the synch, the iPod app worked fine.
Ding.Dong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:28 PM   #14
iPegboy
macrumors regular

Going through the sync process again fixed the problem for me.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:05 AM   #15
KeithfromJax
macrumors newbie

I had the same issue

The iPod worked after the upgrade until I downloaded a couple of songs yesterday directly. I hope re-syncing works!
KeithfromJax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 08:43 PM   #16
samandjordan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithfromJax View Post
The iPod worked after the upgrade until I downloaded a couple of songs yesterday directly. I hope re-syncing works!
Sync-ing worked for me
samandjordan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:08 PM   #17
SD.37
macrumors newbie

My music shows up, but doesn't always play. Or it shows a different song title / album artwork than what is playing.

I have shut the phone down, and tried syncing it again. Neither of these things worked
SD.37 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting