Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 9, 2006
around/about
Best Buy will not have white iPhone 4s at launch. I know that some folks had already assumed this, but others of us were still holding out hope that there might be a few strays making it through the network. Best Buy, however, has updated their FAQ to reflect the lack of availability.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
The only way that Best Buy would of had White iPhones on the 24th was if they were fakes. If Apple does not have them NO ONE will!!! Why don't you guys understand this.

ericwang

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2010
Davis, California
Best Buy will not have white iPhone 4s at launch. I know that some folks had already assumed this, but others of us were still holding out hope that there might be a few strays making it through the network. Best Buy, however, has updated their FAQ to reflect the lack of availability.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Thanks for the post! This actually answered a few questions that I had.

xqb4dpx

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
The only way that Best Buy would of had White iPhones on the 24th was if they were fakes. If Apple does not have them NO ONE will!!! Why don't you guys understand this.

When did Apple say they will not have white iPhone 4s in stock on June 24?

orangerock

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2009
They could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by verifying they could get them before saying they would have them. :)

superslashers

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Stupid Ios4!

OMG does anyone else have an iPhone 3G, or iPod Touch 2G?? And are really mad at apple for not making HOMESCREEN wallpapers availible? How is that possible? My god is it SO hard to just add a JPEG to the homescreen? Well i Still have the gamecenter! thats kinda cool! lol

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
OMG does anyone else have an iPhone 3G, or iPod Touch 2G?? And are really mad at apple for not making HOMESCREEN wallpapers availible? How is that possible? My god is it SO hard to just add a JPEG to the homescreen? Well i Still have the gamecenter! thats kinda cool! lol

There are so many things wrong with this post I'm actually stunned. So much so that I'm going to assume it was intentional. Well done.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Still doesn't necessarily mean Apple won't have 'em on launch day. It is yet to be confirmed by Apple, ok?

Seeing as though apparently Walmart is getting a very limited quantity of white iPhones, I assume Apple will have a small quantity, but enough to go around for those who wait in line on launch day.

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010

They see me trollin. They hatin'

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA

xqb4dpx

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
It is pretty clear from their web site that it is not available for pre-order or in-store pickup so it won't be there on the 24th.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

"White iPhone currently unavailable for pre-order or in-store pickup"

If the white iPhone wouldn't go on sale June 24th, which of these statements would you pick to express that on apple.com?

or

"White iPhone will not be available until late summer"

In-store pickup is the same as a "reservation" (the same language is used for the black iPhone 4). The statement on apple.com simply means that they aren't comfortable with pre-ordering/reserving the white iPhone 4. Just because they aren't available for pre-order doesn't mean they can't sell them at all.

wope

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
If the white iPhone wouldn't go on sale June 24th, which of these statements would you pick to express that on apple.com?

or

"White iPhone will not be available until late summer"

In-store pickup is the same as a "reservation" (the same language is used for the black iPhone 4). The statement on apple.com simply means that they aren't comfortable with pre-ordering/reserving the white iPhone 4. Just because they aren't available for pre-order doesn't mean they can't sell them at all.

And why would they come out and admit they won't have it, only to piss off so many people already? Easier to keep us wondering until launch day than to admit it before. It will also prompt many impatient people on launch day to just settle for the black once they see everyone else getting theirs.

xqb4dpx

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
And why would they come out and admit they won't have it, only to piss off so many people already? Easier to keep us wondering until launch day than to admit it before. It will also prompt many impatient people on launch day to just settle for the black once they see everyone else getting theirs.

Because then they lose their reputation. More importantly, Steve Jobs loses his reputation. Half of Apple's marketing is done through good old Jobs presenting himself as the meticulous creator of these products. If he loses his credibility, so do his products. If Apple didn't want to look like jerks, and more importantly, if Steve wouldn't want to look like a jerk, they would have announced the shortage themselves a long time ago. However, if you're right I'll be heartbroken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.