Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prfrma

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2010
I guess this is a bit of a sneaky question but... What time are you planning on pitching your tent?

I was pretty furious that the networks here in the UK wheren't doing pre-orders, but then again it's probably a better situation than in a lot of other nations.

Anyway, I've called ahead to check stock at a local o2 store in London and i've designed plans for a 3-4am start to the day...
a) Earliest time public transport will allow.
b) I would have had a rest less night anyway...

What time will you be pitching out? Are you at the store already?

Live updates?? (I will try and keep one when I hit the road...)

Tankfantry

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Houston, Texas
heading over around 6:00AM, to work that is because I got mine this afternoon.

Sorry to be a jerk couldn't resist. :D

but on a serious note my friends are leaving around 3:30AM or so.

atticus27

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'll be at my apple store at about 2am and I'll likely find someone to go with, so waiting in line won't be as boring. It sucks that the at&t store 10 mins away from my house isn't gonna have any, so I have to drive 90 minutes to an apple store.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I'll be at my apple store at about 2am and I'll likely find someone to go with, so waiting in line won't be as boring. It sucks that the at&t store 10 mins away from my house isn't gonna have any, so I have to drive 90 minutes to an apple store.

I was going to go with a friend or my girlfriend, but I think it'll be fun to rough it out alone. I'll have my netbook (11 hour battery life) and a whole season of Grey's Anatomy. I'll be fine :)

The closest Apple store is 35 miles away. Extremely depressing since I have classes at 8 and can't make it to an Apple store so far away and back in time for classes.

Yikes! I have like 6 within 40 miles, the one I'm going to being about 20 miles away, but I'm off work on Thursday.

Dark K

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
7AM Thursday on Radioshack, apparently, nobody around my town knows what an iPhone 4 is...

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
5 AM which is hopefully early enough for a reservation....

Don't people realize that it says you have the phone held for all of Thursday? Is it really that likely that anyone with a reservation won't get one Thursday, regardless of when you go? I was just planning on going around lunchtime, not getting there especially early....

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I'm going to the Apple Store around 5am, since that's when mall security will allow a line to start forming. I don't know how all of you are going so early or the night before... is that allowed everywhere but here?

Also, why the hell are so many people with reservations lining up ridiculously early? You people will get your phones! You reserved! I'm a walkin so please let me get mine. lol

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I'm going to the Apple Store around 5am, since that's when mall security will allow a line to start forming. I don't know how all of you are going so early or the night before... is that allowed everywhere but here?

Also, why the hell are so many people with reservations lining up ridiculously early? You people will get your phones! You reserved! I'm a walkin so please let me get mine. lol

Exactly. Mine's reserved so I'm getting there at 7am.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I'm not going until the afternoon to get my reserved iPhone. Unfortunately, I have to work in the morning and I'm DEF. not taking off for it, since I reserved it. I have until the end of the day to get it.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008

Exactly. Lol. I don't understand why these reserved people are showing up THAT early. Lol. I guess they just want their phone early. If I had time, I'll show up early, too. But not 4AM and 5AM early, though.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I'll show up early, too. But not 4AM and 5AM early, though.

Seriously. I'd much rather sleep in and just go get it right when I wake up. The ONLY reason I'm going as early as mall security allows is because the "no white phones avialable" at pre-order time threw me off so much, I didn't know what to do at that point and before I could make a decision the date on pre-orders online was mid July already! So now I have to go as a lame ass walk-in'er. LOL :p

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Probably heading to the AT&T store by my work at 5am, open at 7am, and hope to be at work by 8am. Now that you can't get a phone at AT&T stores without having pre-ordered it i am hoping it wont be a bad line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.