Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your AT&T order status as of today 6/23?

• preordered thru Premier/no tracking number/still backordered

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • preordered thru regular AT&T site/no tracking number/still backordered

• preordered thru AT&T store/no tracking number/still backordered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • preordered thru Premier/no tracking number/still in progress, not backorder

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • preordered thru regular AT&T site/no tracking number/still in progress, not backorder

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • preordered thru AT&T store/no tracking number/still in progress not backorder

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • preordered thru Premier/now with tracking number

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • preordered thru regular AT&T site/now with tracking number

Votes: 29 17.5%
  • preordered thru AT&T store/now with tracking number

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • iPhone 4 Received! - preordered thru AT&T Premier

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • iPhone 4 Received! - preordered thru regular AT&T site

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • iPhone 4 Received! - preordered thru AT&T retail store

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Good day everyone! 1 more day and it will be the official launch of iPhone 4! For those who got them yesterday and will get them today, congratulations! I envy you because as of today from when I preordered thru AT&T premier site on 6/15 at 7:15 am PST without any trouble and getting even a confirmation email the same day, just got off from Backordered status just yesterday afternoon and today still no shipping confirmation or tracking numbers. :mad:

I created this poll to get a consensus on what is going on with our orders from AT&T. I hope you guys will vote. Thank you and let the waiting game for the rest of us begins. :rolleyes: For anybody that is interested, here are the numbers from daily poll starting 2 days ago.

6/21 - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/944353/
6/22 - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/945613/

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
now that is just sad, to think that if you get a tracking # you'll be jumping for joy but that is just sad and I'm sorry to hear that, you must be so mad right now and AT&T sucks!:mad:
Meh, it is what it is.

I called FedEx and they said they have the package.
2 reps told me it would deliver on the 23rd, one said it would move on the 23rd, and ship on the 24th to my house.

So I mean, its whatever at this point, as long as it gets here.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Good day everyone! Could you please vote the status of your order from AT&T as of today 6/23? We'd like to get a consensus and we would appreciate any infos from you guys. As of today and this morning, I still don't have any tracking info:mad:. Thanks!:)

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Ordered at 2:30 pm CST on 6/15 through regular AT&T, and still "In Progress" with no tracking number.

On the other hand, I ordered my wife's phone through apple.com at about 9:30 pm CST on 6/15, and it arrived this morning.

Way to drop the ball, AT&T.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Ordered at 2:30 pm CST on 6/15 through regular AT&T, and still "In Progress" with no tracking number.

On the other hand, I ordered my wife's phone through apple.com at about 9:30 pm CST on 6/15, and it arrived this morning.

Way to drop the ball, AT&T.

wow! that is so sad! And it's only making me :mad: I will never preorder from AT&T anymore!:rolleyes:

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
so has AT&T removed all the backorders by today based on today's poll numbers?:rolleyes: On my other 2 polls these past days, it was disappointingly a lot of backorders!:mad:

sam011989

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
at the time of me writing this, FEDEX says it's at destination sorting facility due for delivery today by 3pm.

i'm just a little worried because although i know apple customers are getting their phones, i'm wondering if AT&T customers will get theirs early too without the restrictions. Usually I would have an update saying on vehicle for delivery by this time in the morning, but I don't know what the hang up is (as of 840am, trucks usually start rolling out by 6 am in my area).

Note: I preordered my iPhone 4 June 15th at 530am ish on AT&T premier site.

sam011989

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
so has AT&T removed all the backorders by today based on today's poll numbers?:rolleyes: On my other 2 polls these past days, it was disappointingly a lot of backorders!:mad:

i had a backorder 2 days ago when it switched, and i got a tracking number by that night. last night it arrived in my town, today it's supposed to arrive. so once it switches away from backorder it may be a couple days....unless it's just taking a long time to update their status and your phone is actually down the street waiting to be delivered.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
has anybody tried calling AT&T and hinted on maybe canceling your order instead? What did they say? I'm thinking of canceling and just picking up my reserve at Apple store tomorrow.:rolleyes:

FrazzledRazz

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
FINALLY got a tracking number today. It doesn't work but I don't care because at least they updated something!!!!

Mark Scheuern

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
Michigan
I pre-ordered through the local AT&T store. They had to do a paper order thanks to the system problems. It shows up as at the destination Fed-Ex facility as of 2:46 this morning. I had it shipped to the store so I'm wondering if I'll be able to pick it up there today.

FrazzledRazz

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
I pre-ordered through the local AT&T store. They had to do a paper order thanks to the system problems. It shows up as at the destination Fed-Ex facility as of 2:46 this morning. I had it shipped to the store so I'm wondering if I'll be able to pick it up there today.

I also had a paper order and was wondering the same thing. I would love to pick it up today because I'm done with work for the day, but tomorrow I won't be finished until late.

sam011989

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
so very few actually getting their iPhones today that were preordered from AT&T huh?:mad:

well we dont know that yet. my status doesn't say anything about it being held at location, it just says it's there and still lists today as delivery date.

ill know by later tonight if they did hold it. i think it would be major BS though if apple orders were released early and AT&T orders were not.

stahl7639

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
I called my at&t store this morning inquiring about my pre-order. I explained to the CSR that I pre-ordered on 6/15 at 1:15pm EST, and that I received three emails the following morning at 8:43am. The emails were titled AT&T Online Device Tutorials, Your iPhone CSS, and Your recent ATT order status. My at&t order status has been stuck on “In Progress” with an order date of 6/16 and an order number beginning with XFP.

The CSR put me on hold for about 10 minutes, then informed me that I will not be receiving tracking info and that I will be receiving a call when my iPhone arrives, which should be in the next couple of days.

This seems like a giant cluster **** to me.

So I am in this boat:
preordered thru AT&T store/no tracking number/still in progress not backorder.

Marcone

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
Fraser, MI
congrats! where did you preorder? how long did the shipping take based on the tracking info? and when did you receive your tracking number if you remember?

I ordered it from the premier site and I received my shipping info on the 21st.

Shipper picked it up yesterday from Fort Worth at 6am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.