Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I am cleaning out the closets and found two RAM for iMacs. I have one for the original iMac and one for the iMac DVD-SE. Are they of any use to someone (preferably a school or non-profit organization)? I do not know their sizes. Is there a way to tell?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
You might want to google the numbers on the chips. Do you remember if these were the original chips taken out of your machines? I am interested in both of them -- though they might be on 32mb for the iMac and 64mb for the iMac DV -- not very useful! I'm helping a friend get up to speed who has been using her trusty MAC SE since 1990! I figured get her on an '99 iMac to get her up to speed!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
You could donate the memory as you mentioned. The other idea would be to list them on eBay. All you would need is a picture and description.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I'm interested in the RAM for my girlfriend's iMac in her dorm. The entire wing of her dorm uses the computer, but it lags because of a lack of adequate RAM. This could be turning potential mac users away because of the lack of speed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.