Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grabberslasher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2002
Éire
Hey guys, I'm working on a cool web browser (really for education purposes) and I wanted to share it with you guys to see what your reactions were.

There are two versions of this browser, the old version and the next generation version. I'll post links to both pages on my site so you can see what I mean.

AeroBrowser Current Version

AeroBrowser Next Generation

The NextGen version is going to take full advantage of CoreImage and be full of EyeCandy. Think ripples across the window background as you move your cursor, think flipping the window to access site preferences on the back, etc. ;)

Both versions are fully skinnable and if you look at the current version page you will find out more.

Hope you like it.

grabberslasher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2002
Éire
edesignuk said:
Can't get to the websites, is this just me and my dumb proxies at work, or is it the same for everyone else?

I'd say it's proxies 'cause I can't access it either from the school internet. But others can see it...

brianjbest

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2004
Issues with AeroBrowser

Great App, nice and simple, quick to use!

A couple of issues you might be interested in...

I'm using a PowerBook G4 17" OSX 10.3.6

Issue 1
A little issue but not totaly a problem... When moving the browser window around the screen I noticed you can move it up and out through the finder menu bar of OSX. This can be annoying sometime, especially when you are used to slamming windows up against it and quickly shifting windows around. Granted Expose is good for navigating I still find it necessary to throw windows around the finder and not have them dissapear up and under the Finders menu bar.

Issue 2
Another problem, if I enter a URL that doesn't exist the app just beachballs and I get a horrendous blipping sound that pips a couple of times a second, after about 30 seconds eventually unexpectedly quits.

Issue 3
When I tried to send this via Feedback window I got a warning/error about being connected to the internet and having a valid email account. I was connected but Mail.app was not open, I then pre launched mail and will hit the send button on the feedback window. Yep, I still get an error Message Sending Failed.

Keep up the good work.

A thought I had, Safari and the newly launched FireFox v1 have pretty much covered what I need as well as many of my friends needs, one area that may lack is the ability for the browser to "read/speak" the text in the window. Good for Disability access. Might be an added bonus if you made this easily accessable in the browser bar. Just a thought :mad:)

DisabilityAccessability issues are really hitting the scene now in the UK as legal powers are now there for the government bodies to hit site owners who do not comply with the new regulations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.